News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Hy

Started by Animalibus, September 17, 2018, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animalibus

Hy, my name is Renato and I a Brasilian zoologist and collector. This is my first post on this forum but I've been following you guys for quite some time. I already have a collection with a little more than 500 miniatures that I will present to you soon. My main interest is to collect realistic models of mammals, reptiles and birds. I hope to contribute with this forum. Thank you!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Animalibus on September 17, 2018, 10:37:02 PM
Hy, my name is Renato and I a Brasilian zoologist and collector. This is my first post on this forum but I've been following you guys for quite some time. I already have a collection with a little more than 500 miniatures that I will present to you soon. My main interest is to collect realistic models of mammals, reptiles and birds. I hope to contribute with this forum. Thank you!

Hello Animalibus, welcome! We look forward to seeing you collection holdings here :)

AnimalToyForum

Welcome Animalibus! Nice to see a new member. :D

Are you associated with the National Museum of Brazil?  :'(

Animalibus

Hi, I was a student and did internship in the collection of mammals during the master's degree in Zoology. Luckily this collection is in another building and has not suffered any damage. But we had an irreparable loss to Brazil and to the world since the scientific collection of the National Museum of Rio de Janeiro contained pieces from all over the world. It really was a tragedy!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Animalibus on September 18, 2018, 08:19:49 PM
Hi, I was a student and did internship in the collection of mammals during the master's degree in Zoology. Luckily this collection is in another building and has not suffered any damage. But we had an irreparable loss to Brazil and to the world since the scientific collection of the National Museum of Rio de Janeiro contained pieces from all over the world. It really was a tragedy!

Such a sad situation, a terrible loss. I am a curator of a natural history museum myself and I can't imagine what a nightmare it must be to experience such a tragedy. I'm glad the mammals collection was not affected.

Beetle guy

Welkom to the forum Animalibus!
To beetle or not to beetle.