News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2019

Started by AnimalToyForum, September 01, 2018, 10:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

And so it begins! Safari Ltd have revealed their first 2019 animal toys. I'll post the other new Safari Ltd figures here as and when they are announced. Please post if you spot any reveals before I do.

Wild Safari Wild Life Collection

Serval:

Caiman:

Clouded Leopard:

Tasmanian Devil:

Honey Badger:

Mandrill:

Snub-nosed Monkey:

Giraffe:

Giraffe, calf:

Incredible Creatures

Chinchilla:

Salmon:

Burmese Python, albino:

Pangolin:

Marbled Ray:

Wildlife Wonders

Grizzly Bear:

Chimpanzee:

Wild Safari Sea Life

Rockhopper Penguin:

Sperm Whale:

Killer Whale:

Oceanic Whitetip Shark:

Bamboo Shark:

Wild Safari Farm Life

Persian Cat:

Large White Pig:

French Bulldog:

Winner's Circle

Thoroughbred:

Wings of the World

King Vulture:

TOOBs

Pelagic Fishes:

Primates:

Pacific:

Dolphins:

Good Luck Minis

Beaver:

Desert Fun Pack:

Pets Fun Pack:

Chameleon:

Fennec Fox:

Sloth:

Giant Squid:

Red Panda:

Llama:

bmathison1972

They have also announced a reissue of the IC pangolin and an albino Burmese python but I don't have pics (only seen Youtube videos).

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 01, 2018, 04:00:31 PM
They have also announced a reissue of the IC pangolin and an albino Burmese python but I don't have pics (only seen Youtube videos).

Thanks, I'm adding them to the first post.

bmathison1972

A chinchilla has been added to the IC line (looks good, from what I can tell). There is a video on STS forum, so I assume it's on Youtube.

bmathison1972

Also a grizzly/brown bear for the Wildlife Wonders line and a new color of a bulldog breed? This is from videos and chatter on STS forum. I don't do social media so I am not sure what else has been revealed in this arena.

AnimalToyForum

Agh, I need to update the post, but the way they are revealing this year make it so difficult. I do social media but only to dip in and out, so I miss a lot of things.

Remember when they would just release a catalogue?  :))

Stuckasaurus

I'm super excited for the Pelagic Fish Toob! I was wishing for a "sport fish" Toob almost exactly like this in the forums just last year! I'm particularly pleased with the inclusion of the sword and sailfish, as well as the tuna. I'm a little disappointed it's so shark heavy, though. I would've preferred they nixed one of the sharks in favor of, say, a dolphin fish.
https://store.safariltd.com/collections/whats-new/products/pelagic-toob

Speaking of dolphins, the new Dolphin Toob looks nice as well!
https://store.safariltd.com/collections/whats-new/products/dolphins-toob

Isidro

Ohhhh! All my most favourite dolphin species! The shame is that if they are a toob they will be too small for my collection :-(

AnimalToyForum

Sorry I haven't kept this topic up to date, I've been busy. Will get around to it eventually, even though the moment has passed.

The new toobs look awesome, by the way.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Isidro on October 16, 2018, 10:09:35 PM
Ohhhh! All my most favourite dolphin species! The shame is that if they are a toob they will be too small for my collection :-(
Wish they had included a Commersons dolphin, then it would cover a wider range of scales.

bmathison1972

I took the initiative of editing the first post :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 10, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
I took the initiative of editing the first post :)

Thank you! (I've been busy)

Isidro

That clouded leopard (and many other of the new things) MUST be mine for this Christmas, hehehe! Any idea of sizes/scales?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on November 10, 2018, 07:20:10 PM
That clouded leopard (and many other of the new things) MUST be mine for this Christmas, hehehe! Any idea of sizes/scales?

For Safari, wildlife models are all about the same size, not to scale. Wildlife Wonders are larger. Safari figures are usually not to scale, at least their extant figures.

Isidro

Thanks! Clouded leopard is 12,5 cm lenght, but have a very long tail, so I suppose that can go well with my Schleich jaguar and cheetah of about same lenght (and more curled tails). Same for serval with 9,6 cm lenght and golden snub-nosed monkey with 6 cm height. These thee are the ones that I will add to my Christmas wishlist (that already is full of older models :P)

stemturtle

The Primate Toob by Safari for 2019 will offer 4 new species:
1. The most exciting is the bonobo, Pan paniscus.
     It will replace a porcelain figure by Little Critterz.
2. The red-handed (or Midas) tamarin, Saguinus midas.
3. The emperor tamarin, Saguinus imperator.
4. The common marmoset, Callithrix jacchus.
     A figure by Nayab looks like a black-tufted rather than a common marmoset.

The lemur called by the family name Indridae looks like the Coquerel's sifaka, Propithecus coquereli. That species was done by K&M and Play Visions (ID as Verreaux's sifaka).

GrampusBlackfish

I'm drooling over that dolphin TOOB!! Like others have said, I really with they were larger, not toob figures. But I'll still probably get them. I might also go for the orca and sperm whale, but from the preview photo it looks like the MBA versions are still superior in terms of anatomical accuracy. I really hate how most orca models handle the saddle patch, but this one is decent. At least it's not a barely visible featureless gray streak quickly slapped on like an afterthought.

Isidro

I never saw an orca figurine with good done saddle patch, despite being a species done lots of times by several brands. I just took my aquarell pencils and rendered my model for make the adequate shape of the saddle, you can just do the same.

DolphinsAreJerks

Seriously, why is it so hard to find an orca with a properly done saddle patch?

That dolphins TOOB is amazing! So many obscure species! And all new molds! Like others, I'd prefer larger figures, but sometimes I use the TOOB toys in crafts so maybe I can come with an excuse to get these. Or I'll just buy them and display them somehow, lol.

Ikessauro

Any info on release dates for the orca?