News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Image attachments (testing!)

Started by AnimalToyForum, August 12, 2018, 09:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

I'm testing something out. I've enabled attachments so you can now upload images directly to the forum. I'm not guaranteeing it will become a permanent repository just yet, but please feel free to test this feature and we will see how it goes.

AnimalToyForum

Testing attachments. Once uploaded, you have to click the text next to each attachment that reads "(Insert Attachment...)" to make the images appear in the post (as opposed to thumbnails below the post).

Isidro

That's a GREAT improvement! Finally we will not depend on an external host! I've tried it, but looks like there are issues uploading the image. I've tried it (with the image below), initially I tought that it doesn't work, but now I see, that it works perfectly!

Galerella sanguinea 2.jpg

bmathison1972

It worked for me too, but it didn't work in the 'preview' form; I had to actually Post it see it.

unknown (1).jpg

Beetle guy

rozenkever.jpg Testing ;-)
To beetle or not to beetle.

Isidro

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 13, 2018, 12:00:51 PM
but it didn't work in the 'preview' form; I had to actually Post it see it.

That's why I tought first that it don't works, but after posting it I saw the image :)

AnimalToyForum

Notice how attachments show by default as a small thumbnail image below the body of the post. To make the image appear in the body (and disappear from below the post) you have to click Insert Attachment, just next to each attachment on the compose post screen. That puts a bit of code into the post, which you can reposition as you see fit. But it is up to you how exactly you want your image to appear - thumbnails below or large above. :)

I should also say: please only attach images you own.

One reason for activating this feature is that I think the community is small enough that it won't cause problems for my host server. I'm afraid to do this on the DTF!

Beetle guy

@animaltoyforum : See, the beetle I photographed and attached, makes a big bow for your efforts! :))
This is a huge user friendly adjustment, Thanks again!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on August 13, 2018, 05:11:35 PM
@animaltoyforum : See, the beetle I photographed and attached, makes a big bow for your efforts! :))
This is a huge user friendly adjustment, Thanks again!

Lovely photo, it looks fresh from a shower. :)

I'm glad you and everyone approve of the change. Hopefully I can keep the attachment feature indefinitely. I'll keep an eye on on things - I have to be careful because I have limited server space and resources.

AnimalToyForum

Screenshots showing how to insert attachments into a message body (as opposed to as a thumbnail below the message).
1. Upload the attachment by clicking "choose file":
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 18.36.32.png
2. After you have chosen the file, click the "insert attachment" button
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 18.37.15.png 
3. This will put a piece of code into the message body, like so.
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 18.37.34.png
Post it and the attachment will be now be visible in the message.

Beetle guy

AnimalToyForum

EpicRaptorMan