News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2019 hopes and dreams

Started by AnimalToyForum, June 23, 2018, 02:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

We haven't had such a thread for a few years, but now is a good time of the year for it. What new releases would you like to see for 2019!? Any specific species, or animals in specific poses, and which companies?

You never know who might be watching this thread...  :))

Beetle guy

A beetle life cycle set by Ikimon or Kaiyodo would be nice. Or an all insect set by Ikimon.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 23, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
We haven't had such a thread for a few years, but now is a good time of the year for it. What new releases would you like to see for 2019!? Any specific species, or animals in specific poses, and which companies?

You never know who might be watching this thread...  :))

Honestly I never participate in such threads. I think people set themselves up for disappointment when they have wish lists or try to predict releases. Besides, I like to be surprised with what a company would release.

That being said, I do have a couple ideas.

One was posted by Marcel, a beetle/insect life cycle to follow the ones they did recently with frogs.

Also, since Safari LTD has released several nice crustaceans now in their IC line, a Crabs, Shrimps, and Lobsters TOOB would be neat!

brettnj

I think Kaiyodo is making a lot of people happy with its Wild Rush series of six sets of 5, the final three of which are due in 2019.

Looking a gift horse in the mouth, as collectors are want to do, I wouldn't mind Wild Rush series 2.

Beyond that, as I only collect Kaiyodo animals, both prehistoric and modern, I'd be happy to see any of these sets...

hoofed mammals ('cause, antelope--beautiful)
non-cephalopod molluscs (I remain baffled by so few having been made already, particularly since they lend themselves to sculpting)
passerines (Kaiyodo's weakest link in terms of sculptural quality by far, in my opinion)
prehistoric mammals (We need a good mammoth by the company,  And a paraceratherium.  And a woolly rhino.  And...)
new dinosaurs (including newly discovered dinos)
flying reptiles
prehistoric non-dino/non-flying herps
terrestrial arthropods
diorama set (as in a zebra or mixed antelope herd with interlocking bases (and probably what I'd love to see most))
people in nature (but well done--not like the windsurfer or entomology or Birdtales/Forest and Field versions)

Finally, as Much as I hate Kaiyodo's redundancy lately, it's always a shame when the company fails at a depiction (especially since it reduces any hope one had of a great version being released).  That said, in my opinion, would love to see a lion (and a number more) that doesn't look almost like any other (lesser (as virtually all are) company's versions.  The (Wild Rush 1) lion--not that it's a total failure, but it's certainly not to my eye up to Kaiyodo standards.  What a figure to botch...

Brett