Poll

How did you discover the Animal Toy Forum?

Via Dinosaur Toy Forum/Blog
5 (71.4%)
Via STS Forum
0 (0%)
Via search engine
1 (14.3%)
Via social media
0 (0%)
Via word of mouth
0 (0%)
Other
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: How did you discover the Animal Toy Forum?  (Read 809 times)

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
How did you discover the Animal Toy Forum?
« on: June 23, 2018, 01:54:33 AM »
I'm interested to know how members discovered the ATF. I've set up a poll with options, but feel free to elaborate!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:57:49 AM by animaltoyforum »

Beetle guy

• View Profile
Re: How did you discover the Animal Toy Forum?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 04:06:36 PM »
On search for realistic looking insect models I stumbled on the DeAgostini beetles posted by Brontodocus. That was about 8 years ago I think.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:07:31 PM by Beetle guy »
To beetle or not to beetle.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »
On search for realistic looking insect models I stumbled on the DeAgostini beetles posted by Brontodocus. That was about 8 years ago I think.

I'm not sure the ATF is even 8 years old! ;D But glad we show up in search engine results. :)

Beetle guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »

I'm not sure the ATF is even 8 years old! ;D But glad we show up in search engine results. :)

HAha, I am mistaking. 6 years!  I think it was even on the Dino Toy Forum were I first saw them.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »

HAha, I am mistaking. 6 years!  I think it was even on the Dino Toy Forum were I first saw them.

Yes, the DTF is much older. You made me curious so I checked... you were the 514th member to join ATF, which was in January 2015. You must've read the ATF for years before you joined! I'm glad you did. :)

Beetle guy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 09:06:55 PM »
Yes, the DTF is much older. You made me curious so I checked... you were the 514th member to join ATF, which was in January 2015. You must've read the ATF for years before you joined! I'm glad you did. :)

I did, The forum really helped me out and/or set me on the right track of finding things.  So I thought to help out beetle/insect figurine collectors in the same way. I will do an overview like the F-toys one of all Kaiyodo, Kabaya and Epoch insects. But finding time is sometimes a thing  :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:07:35 PM by Beetle guy »

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 09:35:54 PM »

I did, The forum really helped me out and/or set me on the right track of finding things.  So I thought to help out beetle/insect figurine collectors in the same way. I will do an overview like the F-toys one of all Kaiyodo, Kabaya and Epoch insects. But finding time is sometimes a thing  :(

Oh, I'm all too familiar with the problem with finding time. Life sometimes gets in the way of our hobbies.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 01:09:12 PM »
Seven members voted so far, the vast majority seem to have found us via DTF/DTB. I voted 'other', because I found the forum by creating it.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:09:39 PM by animaltoyforum »