News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

How did you discover the Animal Toy Forum?

Started by AnimalToyForum, June 23, 2018, 01:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did you discover the Animal Toy Forum?

Via Dinosaur Toy Forum/Blog
8 (66.7%)
Via STS Forum
0 (0%)
Via search engine
3 (25%)
Via social media
0 (0%)
Via word of mouth
0 (0%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

AnimalToyForum

I'm interested to know how members discovered the ATF. I've set up a poll with options, but feel free to elaborate!

Beetle guy

On search for realistic looking insect models I stumbled on the DeAgostini beetles posted by Brontodocus. That was about 8 years ago I think.
To beetle or not to beetle.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on June 24, 2018, 04:06:36 PM
On search for realistic looking insect models I stumbled on the DeAgostini beetles posted by Brontodocus. That was about 8 years ago I think.

I'm not sure the ATF is even 8 years old! ;D But glad we show up in search engine results. :)

Beetle guy

Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 24, 2018, 04:14:16 PM

I'm not sure the ATF is even 8 years old! ;D But glad we show up in search engine results. :)

HAha, I am mistaking. 6 years!  I think it was even on the Dino Toy Forum were I first saw them.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on June 25, 2018, 03:46:35 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 24, 2018, 04:14:16 PM

HAha, I am mistaking. 6 years!  I think it was even on the Dino Toy Forum were I first saw them.

Yes, the DTF is much older. You made me curious so I checked... you were the 514th member to join ATF, which was in January 2015. You must've read the ATF for years before you joined! I'm glad you did. :)

Beetle guy

Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 25, 2018, 06:00:41 PM
Yes, the DTF is much older. You made me curious so I checked... you were the 514th member to join ATF, which was in January 2015. You must've read the ATF for years before you joined! I'm glad you did. :)

I did, The forum really helped me out and/or set me on the right track of finding things.  So I thought to help out beetle/insect figurine collectors in the same way. I will do an overview like the F-toys one of all Kaiyodo, Kabaya and Epoch insects. But finding time is sometimes a thing  :(

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on June 25, 2018, 09:06:55 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 25, 2018, 06:00:41 PM

I did, The forum really helped me out and/or set me on the right track of finding things.  So I thought to help out beetle/insect figurine collectors in the same way. I will do an overview like the F-toys one of all Kaiyodo, Kabaya and Epoch insects. But finding time is sometimes a thing  :(

Oh, I'm all too familiar with the problem with finding time. Life sometimes gets in the way of our hobbies.

AnimalToyForum

Seven members voted so far, the vast majority seem to have found us via DTF/DTB. I voted 'other', because I found the forum by creating it.  ;D

Advicot

Back in 2015 I wanted to find new releases from the major brands so I put in Google "2015 Schleich" and it came up with the Animal Toy Forum so I clicked on it and found the site. I only recently registered as I didn't know I could and it didn't cross my mind.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Advicot on November 18, 2019, 05:50:52 PM
Back in 2015 I wanted to find new releases from the major brands so I put in Google "2015 Schleich" and it came up with the Animal Toy Forum so I clicked on it and found the site. I only recently registered as I didn't know I could and it didn't cross my mind.  :)

It is good to know we have a presence on Google. I think that's the primary factor that determines whether a website is successful or not.

Cachalot

I found it googling Sperm Whale sculpts.
Thar She Blows!

sirenia

I found via the DTF, read around for a bit and went "why not post a review"!

bmathison1972

I never answered this thread. I was active on the DTF, but would only post on the 'Extant Animals' thread. But with the birth of ATF, it's all extant, give or take :)