News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Golden lion tamarin (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)

Started by AnimalToyForum, June 08, 2018, 05:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Give us a spin,
Golden lion tamarin!

Walk-around of the golden lion tamarin, Leontopithecus rosalia, by Furuta (ChocoEgg Series 6). One of the slightly more crude models in the series. The artificial perch it is crouching on makes it looks like it belongs in a zoo - I would've preferred a more natural base for this endangered animal.

Isidro

I certainly like the design of a pole for standing. Most monkey figurines are made with the animal standing or walking in the soil, but most are highly arboreal and then it's a not much typical position for them. This position allows the tail to hang giving the animal a more realistic appareance :) Same should be done for parrots, hornbills and other arboreal birds with long tails :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Isidro on June 08, 2018, 08:03:09 PM
I certainly like the design of a pole for standing. Most monkey figurines are made with the animal standing or walking in the soil, but most are highly arboreal and then it's a not much typical position for them. This position allows the tail to hang giving the animal a more realistic appareance :) Same should be done for parrots, hornbills and other arboreal birds with long tails :)

I agree in principle, but the design of the perch I don't like in this figure. It looks too artificial. I'd prefer it to be sitting on a more natural branch.