News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Red-eyed tree frog (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)

Started by AnimalToyForum, June 03, 2018, 04:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Walk-around of the red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas) by Furuta (Choco Egg Series 6). As usual for this series, the pieces don't snap together quite as cleanly and crisply as Kaiyodo's similar offerings.  It is in a really nice pose but the arms don't align properly with the branch. The colour is bright and grades nicely, but my frog was also missing one of its pupils, so I had to add it on with a black marker (which is why one eye looks so crude). All in all, a nice figure, but a shame about the execution.

sbell

It's a good attempt at the figure, but yes, those early Furuta ones ChocoEggs weren't quite the same as the Animaltales that came before.

But I'd take new series of either one again...nothing has come close to the diversity of those series!