This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Amazing Ant (Becker & Meyer)  (Read 1837 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Amazing Ant (Becker & Meyer)
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:51 AM »
Time for another one of those fun, novelty walk-arounds. This time, it's the Amazing Ant by Becker & Meyer, released in 2003. This is a simpler version of some of the anatomy model kits by other companies, such as 4D Master, etc. Still, it has an irresistible charm to it!  :). I should point out early, this was free from stargatedalek! I only had to pay for shipping! And a quick internet search doesn't show it being relatively available anywhere so I am glad to have gotten it.

The ant comes in 11 pieces:top, bottom, 2 antennae, internal organs (combined in one), and 6 legs. The body is clear, revealing the internal organs. This particular figure is missing one antennae (stars made that clear to me, so I knew it was incomplete beforehand). I will probably seal the parts with glue or something.

The figure measures 10 cm not including appendages, and the way the legs sprawl it takes up roughly 10 x 10 cm of ground space. Because it is not attributable to a given species, I cannot give a scale.

It's pretty simple and easy to assemble, so not much else to say. On to the pics:

Beetle guy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Beetle
Re: Amazing Ant (Becker & Meyer)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »
I think it is a great figurine! Was it only released in the US?
To beetle or not to beetle.

stargatedalek

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
I originally purchased it through "book orders" that Scholastic gives out to schools in Canada. They occasionally also included educational model kits. I think I lost that antennae shortly after getting it a very long time ago (2003 is definitely the right time frame).

Beetle guy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Beetle
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »
I originally purchased it through "book orders" that Scholastic gives out to schools in Canada. They occasionally also included educational model kits. I think I lost that antennae shortly after getting it a very long time ago (2003 is definitely the right time frame).
Thanks!
To beetle or not to beetle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal