News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2017

Started by brontodocus, September 21, 2016, 06:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on March 15, 2017, 08:21:51 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2017, 12:05:21 PM
What about a six million gallon pool?
even 10 million gal. pool.  ;)

i know youre just joking but cetaceans need unlimited space to travel/roam

Well, I was actually being literal. The Atlanta aquarium has 10 million gallons of tanks, 6 million of which is just for the whale shark. But I understand your argument and think it has validity.
I like turtles.

AnimalKnight

Quote from: brontodocus on September 21, 2016, 06:55:27 AM
Well, since we've just seen some photos of a few upcoming ones I think we can start a thread for Kaiyodo's 2017 releases. Helge has just posted two Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi figures which are apparently 2017 releases (it seems the other ones from his post which I omitted here but which can be seen here are all 2016 releases):

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2016, 10:09:08 AM

A new series: Sofubi Toybox ^-^ - Gorilla and Panda have already been released:
                                              http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-021985
                                      http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-022210&page=rt_02
                                These seem to be action figures. Not sure about the prototypes in the last pictures.

Here's the one that gets me really excited :D! It's going to be the largest Giant Salamander figure in my collection:

Japanese Giant Salamander (release date: March-20-2017)

Butterfly caterpillar (species?)

Wow! They're all amazing. Even the skin creases are detailed. The manufacturer did a good job in making them look as if they're alive.  :D

Halichoeres

New humpback whale from Kaiyodo (Sofubi Toybox):
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

stargatedalek

Picture courtesy of Brett as usual!

New (coloured versions, there have been grey plastic ones for a few months but no photos of the realistic counterparts until now) photos of upcoming Kaiyodo Kemono Friends tie-in.

Shoebill and serval were sure-ins (which is great, because I'm going to want both), but we also seem to getting Rhinoceros, and a zebra and lion (possibly with no humanoid version).

I'm a big sucker for these cutesy things, but the shoebill looks particularly nice in general. I hope these will be articulated.

bmathison1972

These might be 2018 releases and so maybe it's time to start a 2018 child board?

stargatedalek

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 26, 2017, 12:31:40 AM
These might be 2018 releases and so maybe it's time to start a 2018 child board?
I had thought the board might have been for something else Kemono Friends related, but it clearly says Kaiyodo so you're right these are 2018 releases.

I believe the Sufobi Toybox Emperor Scorpion is also scheduled for spring 2018, but the crab (Gecarcinus?) is probably coming in winter so it might be 2017. I'll try to dig up the photos of them for the new thread.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2017, 05:24:26 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 26, 2017, 12:31:40 AM
I had thought the board might have been for something else Kemono Friends related, but it clearly says Kaiyodo so you're right these are 2018 releases.

I believe the Sufobi Toybox Emperor Scorpion is also scheduled for spring 2018, but the crab (Gecarcinus?) is probably coming in winter so it might be 2017. I'll try to dig up the photos of them for the new thread.

I asked Adam and Jetoar about making a new child thread for 2018 since I cannot figure out how haha. The crab, scorpion, and T-rex are all 2018; the kitten is 2017. I have the email handy; I'll throw a pic up, thanks for reminding me!

I am super excited for the crab! It's not a new species but to have a large detailed one is great. The scorpion too, but I have a few large nice emperor scorpions, but a large red-claw crab to go with the Safari IC crabs....can't wait!

bmathison1972

Sofubi Toy Box, release date December 2017:

image courtesy of Brett.