News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, December 07, 2017, 11:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

New 2018 items by Papo:

Golden lion tamarin (50227)

Young polar wolf (50228)

Otter (50233)

Ruffed lemur (50234)

Blue ara parrot (50235)

Giraffe head raised (50236)

Rattlesnake (50237)

Running cheetah (50238)

Bat (50239)

Brown bear (50240)

Lynx (50241)

Mountain gorilla (50243)

Poitou donkey (51168)

Silky (51169)

Angora (51170)

Angora kid (51171)

Angora rabbit (51172)

Alezan hanoverian horse (51556)

Shetland pony with saddle (51559)

Jumping horse with riding girl (51560)

Competition horse with rider (51561)

Blacktip reef shark (56034)

Humpback whale calf (56035)

Sperm whale (56036)

Blue whale (56037)

Albatross (56038)

Whale shark (56039)

Info on retirements:

https://animalkingdoms.co.nz/pages/papo-retiring-2018

stargatedalek

I was hoping Papo would pick up CollectAs slack this year, no inverts sadly but I'm loving that Albatross and Rattlesnake. Any idea on an ID for the snake, seems quite distinctively bulky?

The sharks are also quite nice, though something about the paintwork on the blacktip seems off.

Varanus

Nice diverse line up!  I'm really liking the rattlesnake, bat, lynx, albatross, and whale shark.

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 08, 2017, 01:21:28 AM
Any idea on an ID for the snake, seems quite distinctively bulky?

Patterning looks like a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake, but the body is a bit too short for any species.  The albatross looks like a Black-browed Albatross, nice change of pace from the usual Wandering and Royal.

sauroid

the giraffe's head is too big for its body

Beetle guy

Thanks for sharing Reptilia!

no insects  though :(
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Wonderful terrestrial mammals; also love the rattlesnake and macaw

MajesticHumpback

can't wait for the albatross!

Badger

My opinion on the only two models of this lineup I am interested in:

Golden Lion Tamarin: It looks a little slim or under-haired around the belly, but I might get it regardless.

Ruffed Lemur: Probably my favorite model of the lineup, despite them messing up a bit on the promo image. I'm especially glad they haven't made the usual Ring-tailed Lemur model.
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

brontodocus

Actually, I'm quite happy to see some more European Wildlife figures. :) The Sealife figures look good, too, and a Ruffed Lemur would be a completely new species for my collection.

Beetle guy

The bat is really nice!

brontodocus

Quote from: Beetle guy on December 09, 2017, 08:37:19 AM
The bat is really nice!
Yes, I noticed that, too! :) Since Papo is European based, I wonder if the bat is possibly meant to represent the Greater Mouse-eared Bat, Myotis myotis (although the genus Myotis is a huge one and species are not always easy to tell from each other)?

Beetle guy

Quote from: brontodocus on December 09, 2017, 09:46:33 AM
Yes, I noticed that, too! :) Since Papo is European based, I wonder if the bat is possibly meant to represent the Greater Mouse-eared Bat, Myotis myotis (although the genus Myotis is a huge one and species are not always easy to tell from each other)?

would do nice with a Kaiyodo Fabre's moths in a diadorama setting ;-)

Orcinus Ocean

That whale shark looks really nice - especially with the open mouth - but why are they replacing their old sperm whale with this much uglier one?

Rossano

Does anyone know the measures of the Cheetah and the Lynx?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Rossano on May 08, 2018, 08:38:57 PM
Does anyone know the measures of the Cheetah and the Lynx?

Cheetah: 12.50 cm x 3.50 cm x 6.80 cm (Lxlxh) (https://www.papo-france.com/en/wild-animal-kingdom/431-running-cheetah.html)
Lynx: 8.30 cm x 2.10 cm x 5.20 cm (Lxlxh) (https://www.papo-france.com/en/wild-animal-kingdom/434-lynx.html)