News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Britains Ltd.

Started by Fukuiraptor, January 09, 2013, 03:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukuiraptor

sauroid

wow. beautiful. they look even better than some new figures in the market.

Jetoar

Cool figures and display  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

docronnie

Just got today 2 elephants, both missing their right tusk.

May I know what year is the date on the second elephant?  I have this with the year removed, I believe.  There is a scratch wherein the date should be.  Printed are the ff: BRITAINS LTD.  ENGLAND REG DES No. 918374

My other Elephant has its trunk raised up different from your first elephant, but same details, with the ff prints: encircled C 1972 BRITAINS LTD ENGLAND

TIA!

Fukuiraptor

The date as marked on the first elephant is "1981".  As for the second one, there is also no date on it.  The wordings are exactly the same as you mentioned.  Please show us your Britains collection  ;)

Fukuiraptor

My second lot of Britains figures arrived today  ;D

Ana

Oh, they are great! What a lovely anteater  :))

sauroid

very impressive Britains fukuiraptor. i hope to start collecting them someday. the only vintage figures i have are made-in- hong-kong Britains copies my dad gave me.

docronnie

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on February 17, 2013, 09:08:32 AM
The date as marked on the first elephant is "1981".  As for the second one, there is also no date on it.  The wordings are exactly the same as you mentioned.  Please show us your Britains collection  ;)

Thanks a lot, Fukuiraptor! And Congrats on your new British Ltd figures.

Will try to take pictures, if time allows.

pachyrhinosaurus

I have always liked Britains Animals, but their small size, and more niticable, their price makes it so I never bought any.

Ana

Few new Britains arrived to my collection too :) They are all so small  ^-^ I like the springbok most, I don't know other figure of this species  8)

Correction
: I just got the info about the monkey, it is only copy of Britains. Original monkey was in different color (grey with painted face) and made on better plastic...

Fukuiraptor

Great finds, Ana!  I also like the springbok much.  Its paint application is relatively detailed in Britains' standard  ;) Is there any marking of words on your little monkey?  My chimpanzee figures does not carry any marking but I was told it is a Britains figure  ???

docronnie

I've noticed one of the Britains Ltd polar bears looks similar to my AAA polar bear.

Here are the elephants with missing right tusks:

Britains Ltd African Elephant

Britains Ltd Asian Elephant - 1972

TFL!  :)

Fukuiraptor

Beautiful elephants!  I seem to have the Asian elephant figure as well but the bad thing is I am not sure if I really have it.  More importantly, if I really have it, I can't remember where I have put it  :P

Fukuiraptor

Latest acquisition of a carded set figures :))

sauroid

they are gorgeous, Fukuiraptor. (i have made-in-hong-kong copies of the ostrich, african elephant and the bactrian camel.)

docronnie

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on February 26, 2013, 03:15:04 PM
Beautiful elephants!  I seem to have the Asian elephant figure as well but the bad thing is I am not sure if I really have it.  More importantly, if I really have it, I can't remember where I have put it  :P

Thanks Fukuiraptor!  :)

Most probably you have it, since you have most of them.

Beautiful carded pieces... Congratulations!

Quote from: sauroid on February 28, 2013, 03:39:24 PM
they are gorgeous, Fukuiraptor. (i have made-in-hong-kong copies of the ostrich, african elephant and the bactrian camel.)

As far as I know, Hong Kong made toys are considered vintage and collectible since they were under British rule, so Congrats on having them, Sauroid.  Would like to see photos of them too! :)

Fukuiraptor

New item received today!  The price tag was old for sure :D

Ana

Beautiful set! Sheep are wonderful :D

Fukuiraptor

Thanks Ana!  I got a few more carded figures today  ;D

Set #7174

Set #7122

Set #7121

Never thought that the giraffe is an action figure!