News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sei whale recommendation

Started by AnimalToyForum, February 25, 2016, 08:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Can anyone recommend any accurate sei whale figures? If not, how about a similar species that could be easily modified?

brontodocus

Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 25, 2016, 08:28:09 AM
Can anyone recommend any accurate sei whale figures? If not, how about a similar species that could be easily modified?
None that I'm aware of... but the smallish (146 mm) Maia & Borges Blue Whale has a narrow, v-shaped rostrum instead of the rather u-shaped typical for B. musculus:

With a modification of the fin and a repaint this could be turned into a decent 1/100ish Sei Whale quite easily, I've already thought about modifying mine into one. :) Of course, the number of gular furrows does not match (neither for a Blue nor for a Sei Whale) but this is almost never the case for rorqual figures.

AnimalToyForum

Thylakeane

I can also make you one if you like :)

Nikko99

Safari Ltd has a Sei whale coming out. A little on the small side though.

sphyrna18

I would definitely recommend the 2018 Safari Ltd Sei Whale.  It scales to about 1:110 or so, and I think it's pretty accurate.  I haven't spent a lot of time examining the figure and comparing it to literature, but I'd say it's pretty accurate

AnimalToyForum