News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

B

Need suggestion on autism

Started by BabyPetCuddler, October 24, 2017, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyPetCuddler

Hello all! I am posting this thread because I have a dilemma in choosing the right toy for my godchild. He's been diagnosed with autism and he is relatively inattentive. What toys are best for him?

Oeleystin

It depends, how old is she/he? You can try blocks, sound puzzles, educational DVDs and books.

Halichoeres

Quote from: BabyPetCuddler on October 25, 2017, 01:21:33 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply. He is 5 years old and already attends therapy . I am thinking of toy trucks.

My brother is autistic and when he was young he was fascinated by anything with wheels, but particularly with trains.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

endogenylove

As someone with mild autism who remembers what it was like to be an autistic child, my suggestion would be to find out what interests him the most and run with it. If he has an interest in cars, get toy cars. Trains? Toy trains. Animals? Well, this forum is a good place to start. As a small autistic child who was constantly fixated on one thing and one thing only (mine was animals, but it varies from person to person), that was the only thing I cared about. If it didn't have to do with my special interest, it was useless to me.
Always looking for new species...

JimoAi

For me I have mild ADHD and for your case, I recommend articulated animals like Takara tomy Ania