Author Topic: Need suggestion on autism  (Read 3438 times)

BabyPetCuddler

Need suggestion on autism
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
Hello all! I am posting this thread because I have a dilemma in choosing the right toy for my godchild. He's been diagnosed with autism and he is relatively inattentive. What toys are best for him?

Oeleystin

• View Profile
Re: Need suggestion on autism
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »
It depends, how old is she/he? You can try blocks, sound puzzles, educational DVDs and books.

Halichoeres

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
Hi, thank you for your reply. He is 5 years old and already attends therapy . I am thinking of toy trucks.

My brother is autistic and when he was young he was fascinated by anything with wheels, but particularly with trains.

endogenylove

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 03:40:15 AM »
As someone with mild autism who remembers what it was like to be an autistic child, my suggestion would be to find out what interests him the most and run with it. If he has an interest in cars, get toy cars. Trains? Toy trains. Animals? Well, this forum is a good place to start. As a small autistic child who was constantly fixated on one thing and one thing only (mine was animals, but it varies from person to person), that was the only thing I cared about. If it didnít have to do with my special interest, it was useless to me.

JimoAi

• View Profile
  • Animal: Reef Manta ray
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 10:26:24 AM »
For me I have mild ADHD and for your case, I recommend articulated animals like Takara tomy Ania

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal