News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

B

Suggestions

Started by BabyPetCuddler, May 22, 2017, 05:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyPetCuddler

Hi.  My Dad recently bought a small dormitory very near a school, just beside his pet spa.  He's new to renting out spaces and he still doesn't know how to run everything.  One of his main concerns is energy efficiency.  Is there an effective way to manage energy consumption?  Suggestions please.

legofun777

Unplug your appliances when they're not in use
Buy appliances with a good energy rating
Pick the right washing machine
Choose an energy-efficient fridge
Insulate your roof or ceiling
Draught-proof
Avoid installing downlights
If you have an air conditioner, try to use it only on really hot or humid days
Install ceiling fans
Buy a water-efficient showerhead

One simple and relatively cheap way that we can all start to make a difference is by switching our electricity to "green" power. This means using power generated from clean renewable sources such as the sun, wind, water and waste power, rather than coal.

BlueKrono

Yes, as said above, unplug appliances when you're not actively using them. A lot of people don't know that they still continue to suck electricity even when nothing's happening with them. I try really hard to remember to unplug my phone charger from the wall when the phone's done charging. It's the little things that make a big difference over time - for the planet and your pocketbook!
I like turtles.