Author Topic: Best Crocodile Figure?  (Read 743 times)

suspsy

• View Profile
Best Crocodile Figure?
« on: November 04, 2019, 12:01:12 AM »
Iím looking to buy my little boy a crocodile for his growing animal collection. Which, IYHO, is the best one to go with? Iíd prefer a smaller scale one as opposed to the big ones Safari Ltd makes.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best Crocodile Figure?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 01:45:48 AM »
Hi Suspsy! I had a similar dilemma when I was doing the reptiles for my Synoptic Collection. I studied a lot of the walkarounds, especially those by brontodocus, who analyzed the scutes well. What I learned is few crocodiles are accurate for the species they represent. From brontodocus' walkarounds, and the opinions of others, I finally settled on the 2015 Schleich Nile crocodile (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1402.0).

Southlands Replicas is supposedly finishing up a saltwater crocodile, so that figure will be a given, for sure for that species!

EDIT: I just read this was for your kid. The Schleich Nile croc does have a movable jaw, if that matters (i.e., is your kid likely to play with it rough and potentially break it?)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:50:20 AM by bmathison1972 »

suspsy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 02:01:32 AM »
Yes, that is the one I am currently leaning towards. It strikes me as fairly durable even with a moveable jaw, and itís pretty cheap. I donít think I want to get him the upcoming Southlands Replicas one because it looks like itíll be relatively expensive, and therefore more of a hassle to replace should it get damaged.

Iím still interested in hearing other peopleís opinions, though.

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
If I was you I would go for the Schleich. It's easy to get hold of, detailed and pretty cheap. As well what does the Southlands croc look like? I'm guessing it'll be a saltwater crocodile.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

suspsy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 04:51:14 PM »
Yes, itís a saltie. SR has prototype images on their Facebook.

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »
Thanks, I've just taken a look. It looks huge and amazing.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal