News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Species identification thread (animal toys)

Started by dinocat62, January 04, 2013, 04:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimatedinoking

what about these, the frog is an arrow frog, but i don't know the species. also the lizard is much redder than in the picture.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: brontodocus on November 15, 2013, 04:29:35 PM
It works! :)
I have a very similar figure made by Play Visions:

...which can be identified as a Purple Globe Crab, Randallia ornata.
Not sure if yours is the same figure, it could also be a knock-off. And yours looks as if it was a little flatter than mine.

i think it is.

brontodocus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on November 15, 2013, 04:32:08 PM
what about these, the frog is an arrow frog, but i don't know the species. also the lizard is much redder than in the picture.
There isn't a 100% certainty about the poison arrow frog. But most likely it's meant to be Phyllobates bicolor, the Black-legged Poison Frog, most specimens are yellow and many have dark legs. It's also famous for being one of the most poisonous dendrobatids. However, there are certain colour morphs of Dendrobates tinctorius, the Dyeing Poison Frog, that have no blue and are yellow with black legs instead. And even Adelphobates (formerly Dendrobates) galactonotus, which is usually red-backed, can look a little similar - although normally without dark spots in the red or yellow colour patch on the back.
I see no point in trying to identify the lizard, though, it's far too generic to even tell what family it should be placed in, sorry.

LostworldPro

identify those species of chameleons a black and green iguana a green and brown iguana and a black colored marking and red colored lizard like animal?photo 7d4a70b2-a659-4b6b-bda5-476bacea8463_zps9587b404.jpg

LostworldPro

can you help me identify these species of frogs and that species of salamander like lizard animal?

Answer here
photo IMG_0288_zpsf981b703.jpgphoto cd3467d5-90c9-425e-9354-f3263221250a_zpsbb88b02b.jpgphoto 9d21e243-f8a7-4e4c-87f3-8b0de19606c6_zps39c2896c.jpg

sbell

The central image is a giant salamander although it is not specific enough to know which one. The trouble with many of these figures is that they are often quite generic so it's quite hard to know what species you're looking at.

LostworldPro

ok well if you go to Wikipedia to look which species is the giant salamander like it could be a hellbender it would be all identifically right

LostworldPro

help me identify me this species of crocodile and this species of antelope?photo IMG_0375_zps746b464d.jpgphoto IMG_0224_zps0a9f5827.jpg

LostworldPro

can you identify me those species of insects and that species of tree from an insect bucket playset? by the way since its too hard to identify them look it up in the internet or in books to look for the right animal and plant species to identify.photo IMG_0197_zps7db13c4f.jpg

LostworldPro

help me identify these species of crocodile gator caiman sea turtle and turtles for me?photo IMG_0229_zpscde59d2a.jpgphoto ec3fbf29-e52e-4a14-aa0a-3b97991c49a5_zps9219001f.jpg

LostworldPro

photo f5a4f44d-c0d5-4b71-8f5a-b902aff3497e_zps4d55515d.jpg
can you please tell me anyone to identify 10 species of crocodiles gators and caimans for me please?since its hard for you to identify them go to google
and google in crocodilian list so you can look up and find the pictures and images of them so you can identify 10 of these species. :)

LostworldPro

can you tell anyone what that purple spotted green gecko thing. that iguana like lizard. that half newt half salamander half lizard thing.that horned lizard thing also it needs to be a subspecies of it. and that purple spotted grey brown colored komodo dragon like lizard thing is?photo 8477053f-677e-473f-a7e7-38261331c53d_zpsb4ba0f74.jpg

LostworldPro

>:( hello how long are you going to identify my animals now!!!!!!!!

LostworldPro

also identify this pig nosed turtle like species for me?
photo 52152db5-ae79-4317-acc1-e84ca965d919_zpseb6403b7.jpg

sbell

Quote from: LostworldPro on November 19, 2013, 01:56:58 AM
>:( hello how long are you going to identify my animals now!!!!!!!!

Honestly, many of the figures you picture are generic, non-specific figures that would be hard to ID beyond 'lizard' or 'terrapin'.

Despite your suggestion that we go look into google and compare pictures to do it...some of us have other things to do too ;)

Also, some of the figures you pictured have names on the bellies, so you should start by looking there.

Takama

does anyone know what Hedgehog species the new Schleich 2013 model is going to be?

brontodocus

I can't be 100% sure from that angle because I cannot see its chest. If there is no white patch on the chest then it's Erinaceus europaeus, the European Hedgehog. Should it have a white patch (I don't think it has), it would rather be either a Northern or a Southern White-breasted. Since E. europaeus is the most common in Germany (the Northern White-breasted does occur in Eastern Germany, though) and Schleich is a German based company it's also the most likely choice for them.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on November 21, 2013, 03:01:50 PM
I can't be 100% sure from that angle because I cannot see its chest. If there is no white patch on the chest then it's Erinaceus europaeus, the European Hedgehog. Should it have a white patch (I don't think it has), it would rather be either a Northern or a Southern White-breasted. Since E. europaeus is the most common in Germany (the Northern White-breasted does occur in Eastern Germany, though) and Schleich is a German based company it's also the most likely choice for them.

I think the same that you friend, I think that it is Erinaceus europaeus.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

Brontodocus, thanks for clarifying.

I however have another Schleich figure I liked identified.

anyone know What Type of Turtle(Tortoise?) the giant turtle is supposed to be?

EDIT

apparently its a  Aldabra giant tortoise, according the walkaround of its baby ,made by Dr. Admin