Author Topic: Species identification thread (animal toys)  (Read 88747 times)

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: Species identification thread (animal toys)
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2018, 06:43:56 AM »
Ah... The bald eagle looked like to have a tan head and brown tail... maybe is effect of lighting? Both should be white. The osprey is atonishingly bad done! Certainly don't reach the usual Schleich standards...

Perhaps, but for Schleich collectors they are very hard to find and usually sought after.

Badger

• "Endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful"
    • View Profile
Re: Species identification thread (animal toys)
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2018, 10:03:46 PM »
Ah... The bald eagle looked like to have a tan head and brown tail... maybe is effect of lighting?

The osprey is atonishingly bad done!

I'm know I'm late to this, but as someone who owns that specific model, it is definitely the lighting making the head and tail appear tan. Both are fairly solidly white in reality.

As for the osprey, it is definitely the worst of their old birds of prey line*, but it seems not many have actually made an osprey ever since (which is a real shame :().

*I'd like to note here that a lot of their old birds of prey aren't even that bad, especially for their time. For example, their old Peregrine Falcon (the one with closed wings) is, in my opinion, still one of my favourite models of the species, and better than their newer attempt.