News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New title banner (2018)

Started by AnimalToyForum, January 02, 2018, 04:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Thanks again to Blaine for composing a new forum title banner. Great work as usual!

Beetle guy

To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 02, 2018, 04:17:57 PM
Thanks again to Blaine for composing a new forum title banner. Great work as usual!

Thanks Adam, my pleasure. Glad you like it. I do my best to balance taxonomic and manufacturer diversity. Bullyland was left out again, but Safari, Mojo, Schleich, Papo, CollectA, and Kaiyodo are all represented.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 03, 2018, 12:20:54 AM

Thanks Adam, my pleasure. Glad you like it. I do my best to balance taxonomic and manufacturer diversity. Bullyland was left out again, but Safari, Mojo, Schleich, Papo, CollectA, and Kaiyodo are all represented.

It is a great mixture. Only one invert, though - how did you resist?  ;) :P Or were the invertebrate toy pickings just slim this year?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 03, 2018, 01:00:49 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 03, 2018, 12:20:54 AM

It is a great mixture. Only one invert, though - how did you resist?  ;) :P Or were the invertebrate toy pickings just slim this year?

There were only two other options: the spiny lobster and scorpion from Safari. The first would have been nice, but the only way to get Kaiyodo in was to do their crab. Besides I was trying really hard not to be biased ;-) It was tough as more and more got released. Although I was kinda glad CollectA had a light year, that made things easier LOL. I dumped a Mojo owl for the Papo bat, but I was hoping to work in more birds. I also really wanted the Safari marmot and Schleich koala, but when Papo announced the ruffed lemur I thought that would be better, and its shape takes up almost as much space as those other two.

brontodocus

Ah, excellent choices! 8) Well, now it seems I still have zero figures which are in our current banner (well, sort of, I have the older version of the IC Flying Frog). That has to be remedied... Thanks for doing this again, Blaine! :)

sbell

I would argue that Toy Fish Factory lacks representation...! :P http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2189.msg18244#msg18244

As always, freshwater fish get completely left out! And you think inverts get forgotten!

Also, what? None of the 5 billion new horses made it!?  :o

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on January 08, 2018, 03:03:31 AM
I would argue that Toy Fish Factory lacks representation...! :P http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2189.msg18244#msg18244

As always, freshwater fish get completely left out! And you think inverts get forgotten!

There are no freshwater fish, but there are two non-shark fish (next year please send me images of TFF figures with a solid pale/white background, or something easier to manipulate in Photoshop).

Some year I really should put a horse in, because they are well-represented and popular. This year the selection of nice mammals was so big it was hard to narrow some down (was upset to leave off the Safari marmot and Javan rhino and Schleich koala...)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 14, 2018, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: sbell on January 08, 2018, 03:03:31 AM

There are no freshwater fish, but there are two non-shark fish (next year please send me images of TFF figures with a solid pale/white background, or something easier to manipulate in Photoshop).

Some year I really should put a horse in, because they are well-represented and popular. This year the selection of nice mammals was so big it was hard to narrow some down (was upset to leave off the Safari marmot and Javan rhino and Schleich koala...)

Okay, we'll commit to having a horse in the 2019 banner. :)