News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pelecaniformes - Herons, Ibises, Spoonbills, Pelicans, Shoebill and Hamerkop

Started by brontodocus, February 02, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advicot

I've found a good amount of Kaiyodo on eBay. The problem is that they cost an absaloute fortune for only a few. 
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

Yes, that's the problem with Japanese brands in Europe. Sets are relatively cheap on eBay, but the problem with sets is that I'm interested in a few figures, not all them... so it turns not worthing.

Badger

Another problem specifically with Kaiyodo figures is that they're often only manufactured for a year or two at a time (sometimes less), making them balloon in average price quite quickly. This isn't as much of a problem with other Japanese companies i.e. Ikimon/Kitan Club or Colorata.

Regardless, in the case of this specific animal, I'm perfectly satisfied with CollectA's version for the time being (although for veteran collectors, the only way to obtain this species for quite a while were from Japanese companies (and there were a suprisingly high number of options)).
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

Advicot

Is it just me or did Safari release another white pelican of a different mold? If they have I'll be sure to get it. Also my figure has an older painting scheme on it.
Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Advicot on October 29, 2019, 07:40:29 PM
Is it just me or did Safari release another white pelican of a different mold? If they have I'll be sure to get it. Also my figure has an older painting scheme on it.

yes, they re-released this one without the fish in its mouth (that is the one I have and it is what is generally available nowadays)

bmathison1972

Picking up this thread interestingly enough where it left off in 2019, with the Safari white pelican: