News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Coral Reef Fish

Started by postsaurischian, January 04, 2013, 07:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

brontodocus

Wow, very elegant figure, especially those enlarged rays of the pectorals are great! :) I have the Shinagawa Aquarium Pterois volitans but this one here seems to be an even more sophisticated sculpt. 8)

AnimalToyForum

brontodocus

Walk-around of the retired Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures Leafy Seadragon, Phycodurus eques (Günther, 1865). Length is 208 mm, so the scale is approx. 1:1 - 1:1.6. The tail is bendable (compare photos 3 and 4).

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Cool figure with a good size, bad that this figure is retired.........  :-\.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures Weedy Seadragon, Phyllopteryx taeniolatus (Lacépède, 1804). Length is 213 mm, scale approx. 1:1.4 - 1:2.1. The tail is bendable (compare photos 3, 4, and 5). This figure was retired previously but it's going to be released again in 2013. Here is the link to the figure at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/weedy-seadragon

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

brontodocus

Yes, it's sad it's been retired... however, the similar Weedy Seadragon from the same series had been retired, too, but it's going to be released again this year, so there's hoping the Leafy Seadragon might reappear, too, eventually? :)

Jetoar

Cool figure of this kind of sea dragon  ^-^. It have the same size that the leaf sea dragon figure?

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 19, 2013, 08:08:07 PM
Yes, it's sad it's been retired... however, the similar Weedy Seadragon from the same series had been retired, too, but it's going to be released again this year, so there's hoping the Leafy Seadragon might reappear, too, eventually? :)

I hope the same that you friend  ^-^.

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar! :) Yes, they are almost identical in size, the length difference is just 5 mm.

Varanus

Varanus

I think I'm a little more partial to the Weedy Seadragon, but this one's still really cool. :)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 19, 2013, 10:11:30 PM
Thanks, Jetoar! :) Yes, they are almost identical in size, the length difference is just 5 mm.
Thank you friend for your answer  ^-^!

tyrantqueen

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

Safari Ltd confirmed on Facebook that the figure is the same version as before and that "it is brought back due to popular demand."

brontodocus

Hmmm, it wasn't retired for that long but now that we know it's been brought back due to popular demand... makes me think: Wouldn't it be cool to bring back the entire Vanishing Wild Collection, Smithsonian Collection, and Tennessee Aquarium Collection by, ahem, popular demand? ;D

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 23, 2013, 11:43:06 PM
Hmmm, it wasn't retired for that long but now that we know it's been brought back due to popular demand... makes me think: Wouldn't it be cool to bring back the entire Vanishing Wild Collection, Smithsonian Collection, and Tennessee Aquarium Collection by, ahem, popular demand? ;D

Yes, these will be  good news  ;)

postsaurischian

Jetoar

Wonderful figure, I think that you can build an aquarium with this figures. Well done friend  ^-^!

brontodocus

Wonderful, just like the whole Shinagawa Aquarium series! :)