This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Dugong (CollectA - Sea Life)  (Read 3380 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Dugong (CollectA - Sea Life)
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »
Walk-around of the CollectA Sea Life 88766 Dugong, Dugong dugon (Müller, 1776). The figure was one of CollectA's 2016 releases. Total length is approx. 142 mm so the scale ranges between 1:18 and 1:28. Human figures (Andreas Köpke by Minimen, Freddie the Free Diver by Safari Ltd, and standing man from Safari Ltd People in Motion Toob) are 1:20, approx. 1:22.5 - 1:24, and approx. 1:23 - 1:27 scale, respectively. Due to hunting and habitat loss the global population of Dugongs is in decline and as a consequence, IUCN considers the species' conservation status "Vulnerable".

CetaceanFan

• Power of the Physeter
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Physeter Macrocephalus
Re: Dugong (CollectA - Sea Life)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:47:38 AM »
I love this figure, depicting a pretty obscure animal

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Dugong (CollectA - Sea Life)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »
I love this figure, depicting a pretty obscure animal
Thanks! :) As far as I know this is the first Dugong from a figure company outside of Japan (at least Kaiyodo and Takar Tomy A.R.T.S already made Dugong figures).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal