Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 17465 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »
I just noticed if you click on the section 'Reviews and Walkarounds' or, on right bar, 'Read Recent Reviews and Walkarounds', all of these new Yowies reviews are not showing up? Did something not carry over when the child board was made?

Well spotted. Yes, I need to add the new child boards to the list...will do it now.

Any thoughts on my suggestions to rejig the forum?

Would general discussions for a certain company be intermixed with walkarounds? Personally I like walkarounds and reviews distinct (easier to search among them)

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2018, 09:17:29 PM »
I just noticed if you click on the section 'Reviews and Walkarounds' or, on right bar, 'Read Recent Reviews and Walkarounds', all of these new Yowies reviews are not showing up? Did something not carry over when the child board was made?

Well spotted. Yes, I need to add the new child boards to the list...will do it now.

Would general discussions for a certain company be intermixed with walkarounds? Personally I like walkarounds and reviews distinct (easier to search among them)

Yeah, but we only really have one general discussion topic per brand, so I was thinking of pinning (stickying) them to the top of each board. Other more general discussion in the Lines section can be moved to the 'Animal toys (general)' section, while the "New for..." threads could, but don't necessarily need to, be in a separate section.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:20:13 PM by animaltoyforum »

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2018, 05:29:23 PM »
I've created new walk-around child boards for Lontic/Nayab, Unknown manufacturers, and Play Visions.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
I've created new walk-around child boards for Lontic/Nayab, Unknown manufacturers, and Play Visions.

Fantastic, thanks Adam

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »
 ...odd figures by unknown brands are among my favorites. I'll have to fill up this child board some more!

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
...odd figures by unknown brands are among my favorites. I'll have to fill up this child board some more!

Please do! And you never know, some readers might just be able to identify one or two.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »

Yeah, but we only really have one general discussion topic per brand, so I was thinking of pinning (stickying) them to the top of each board. Other more general discussion in the Lines section can be moved to the 'Animal toys (general)' section, while the "New for..." threads could, but don't necessarily need to, be in a separate section.

I decided to keep the reviews and walk-arounds separate.