Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 22326 times)

Beetle guy

• View Profile
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »
Great!
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »
I just noticed if you click on the section 'Reviews and Walkarounds' or, on right bar, 'Read Recent Reviews and Walkarounds', all of these new Yowies reviews are not showing up? Did something not carry over when the child board was made?

Well spotted. Yes, I need to add the new child boards to the list...will do it now.

Any thoughts on my suggestions to rejig the forum?

Would general discussions for a certain company be intermixed with walkarounds? Personally I like walkarounds and reviews distinct (easier to search among them)

Yeah, but we only really have one general discussion topic per brand, so I was thinking of pinning (stickying) them to the top of each board. Other more general discussion in the Lines section can be moved to the 'Animal toys (general)' section, while the "New for..." threads could, but don't necessarily need to, be in a separate section.

I am thinking more and liking more the idea of putting walkarounds under general discussions per brand. Maybe walkarounds could even be a child board under each company. Or not. Probably either work. We might want to create more brand-specific boards to clean up miscellaneous a bit.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2018, 03:58:10 PM »
I just noticed if you click on the section 'Reviews and Walkarounds' or, on right bar, 'Read Recent Reviews and Walkarounds', all of these new Yowies reviews are not showing up? Did something not carry over when the child board was made?

Well spotted. Yes, I need to add the new child boards to the list...will do it now.

Any thoughts on my suggestions to rejig the forum?

Would general discussions for a certain company be intermixed with walkarounds? Personally I like walkarounds and reviews distinct (easier to search among them)

Yeah, but we only really have one general discussion topic per brand, so I was thinking of pinning (stickying) them to the top of each board. Other more general discussion in the Lines section can be moved to the 'Animal toys (general)' section, while the "New for..." threads could, but don't necessarily need to, be in a separate section.

I am thinking more and liking more the idea of putting walkarounds under general discussions per brand. Maybe walkarounds could even be a child board under each company. Or not. Probably either work. We might want to create more brand-specific boards to clean up miscellaneous a bit.

Yes, there are definitely pros to organising the forum that way. Especially, I think it might be more logical few new members joining the site. Shall I put it to a vote?