News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Parazoa?

Started by Rossano, January 19, 2017, 06:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossano

This is maybe the very first step of the tree of animal life.

I wonder if there's some figurine easily available from the major brands reproducing some sponge, eventually one of the most famous and beautiful, like Euplectella aspergillum, aka Venus Flower Basket.

stemturtle

Vauxia from the Safari Cambrian Life Toob is the only figure of a sponge that I know.

sbell

I have this weird, almost-poriferan figure from some kind of Disney set!

Overall, they are more likely to show up as a scenery addition than as a true figure, I would think.

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on January 19, 2017, 11:23:17 PM
I have this weird, almost-poriferan figure from some kind of Disney set!

Overall, they are more likely to show up as a scenery addition than as a true figure, I would think.

Yes I have seen sponge/coral like creatures as accessories in sea life sets.

Beetle guy

Yujin did a coral set with sponges I think.

Here is a link to the set on Ebay. The seller is on spring holiday, most chinese shop are closed during this holiday (till 2 februari) There are some loose figurines on Ebay as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yujin-Coral-Gashapon-Collection-Full-Set-of-16-100-Authentic-Marine-Sea-Fish-/371402761070
To beetle or not to beetle.

Rossano

Thanks everyone for the asnwers  :)

Looks like the only one that I can hope to find here in Italz is the Safari Cambrian Life toob one, thanks stemturtle.

BlueKrono

I've got one for sale or trade if anyone's interested.
I like turtles.

Rossano

Hi everyone  :)

Any news about Porozoa figurines in the last three years on the market?

sbell

Quote from: Rossano on February 03, 2021, 11:23:08 PM
Hi everyone  :)

Any news about Porozoa figurines in the last three years on the market?

You'd probably be better off looking at aquarium decor models. They don't generally grab the attention of toy makers, except as occasional background pieces.

Isidro

You always can get this sponge figurine :P

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 04, 2021, 05:36:44 AM
You always can get this sponge figurine :P

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

JimoAi

Jokes aside, there are barely any figures of Parazoa except for the character Spongebob Squarepants

sirenia

The evolution of life kickstarter game, I believe, has some, may be wrong.

sbell

Quote from: sirenia on February 04, 2021, 02:38:34 PM
The evolution of life kickstarter game, I believe, has some, may be wrong.

There are definitely a number of Ediacaran and Cambrian sessile organisms, so it's very possible.