Author Topic: Recent acquisitions  (Read 549979 times)

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
Re: Recent acquisitions
« Reply #1680 on: November 05, 2018, 11:24:54 PM »
Congratulations @stargatedalek I especially like the Papo vulture.

That snake you posted earlier is... odd!

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 06, 2018, 03:30:48 AM »
Congratulations @stargatedalek I especially like the Papo vulture.

That snake you posted earlier is... odd!
I've always been rather fond of Tsuchinoko, a very interesting appearance and of all the cryptids strikes me as one of the most likely by far to be real (though most likely extinct if it is real).

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 10, 2018, 12:06:04 AM »

Red Saharan Uromastyx by Zuru. The legs spin and it runs around, which looks surprisingly convincing since it moves so quickly.

Absolutely precious, I love it and I'm glad I went through the trouble to hunt it down (most stores only stocked the snakes from this line).

Sculpt does not resemble an Uromastyx because technically this is a paint variant and the sculpt is of an Indo-Chinese Forest lizard.

I bought it because I adore this design, stylized as it is, and preferred these colours, but for species completionists this line is still worth looking into.

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 20, 2018, 04:28:22 AM »
Sorry for all of the non-animal acquisitions lately. Hopefully that will change when Canada Post resolves their strike and a great many packages I've been waiting for finally arrive. In the meantime I hope to get some better photos of some of these animals from the past few weeks and do some walkarounds.

Got my first Kaiyodo Revoltech today; Tohsaka Rin.

Overall I'm quite impressed, though I'll be sticking to Figma's. Revoltech are a lot more finicky and it's difficult to get Rin to hold a pose.

With Misaka Mikoto Figma for size (Revoltech is 6 inches vs Figma at 5 and 1/2).

Figma's are of course intended to be easier to pose, and are much easier to swap out parts for too. Figma are "high end action figures" vs something like FiguArts being "pose-able statues", and Revoltech landing somewhere in the middle.

Each has it's own appeal, but Figma's suit me best.

I'm glad I bought this less expensive one so I know relatively what I'm getting into with the upcoming Revoltech Arthropods, which are considerably more expensive. Can hardly wait for those to come out, but I've tempered expectations in terms of articulation and quality control. Hopefully being more expensive paint app's will be a bit more fine tuned on them.

Someone else new arrived today too. Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack Stiggy.

Articulation seems a bit better than the wave 1 AP figures, I hope the Herrera and Wave 3's keep up this trend.

Mikoto is in a mood... and this is why I prefer Figma's.

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 25, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
Just bought today at a store the Papo polar bear https://www.papo-france.com/en/wild-animal-kingdom/349-polar-bear.html I'm not a fan of ABC species like this one, but I liked the model and passed some weeks looking at it, finally I decided, one more for my increasing small collection :D