News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

BlueKrono's Collections

Started by BlueKrono, January 09, 2017, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Bubbly on July 11, 2017, 08:02:04 AM
Absolutely fantastic collection! Where did you get the Axolotl? I've been looking for one and found nothing.

Thank you :)

In my neotenic collection there is only one true axolotl, the tiny green one in the middle. It's a Kaiyodo figure; I think they also made it in albinotic colors. Got it off eBay a number of years ago. Were you referring to a different one?
I like turtles.

Bubbly

The white, green and black/spotted ones (seem like a set) look like true axolotl, I was referring to these.

Managed to find a Kaiyodo on eBay, but it does not compare to your white and green ones.  :(

stargatedalek

Those are the various Safari ltd mudpuppies. The green and brown are discontinued.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Bubbly on July 11, 2017, 03:03:10 PM
The white, green and black/spotted ones (seem like a set) look like true axolotl, I was referring to these.

Managed to find a Kaiyodo on eBay, but it does not compare to your white and green ones.  :(

Stargatedalek is right, they are mudpuppies. The spotted one is from the Tennessee Aquarium Collection. Here is a nice walk-around of it:
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=304.0

The other two are usually just called "Safari mudpuppies" and are both available on eBay right now. I got the spotted from an aquarium in Duluth, MN, the green from a small, third-party website and the glow in the dark from a zoo in Chicago, IL.
I like turtles.

Bubbly

Thank you!

Albeit similar to axolotl, Mudpuppies are different species so no thanks. I can only hope that a nice figure comes out soon.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Bubbly on July 11, 2017, 04:28:28 PM
Thank you!

Albeit similar to axolotl, Mudpuppies are different species so no thanks. I can only hope that a nice figure comes out soon.

True. Mudpuppies are my favorite amphibian, and I have a tattoo of one on my ribs. I'm actually surprised there aren't more axolotl figures out there with how popular they are in the pet trade. The Japanese especially seem to love them, but there aren't even a great abundance of Japanese figures of axolotls.
I like turtles.

Bubbly

It's the same with vaquita, another critically endangered species, almost no figures. I guess the popularity applies to both species and figures.  :'(

sbell

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 11, 2017, 04:33:50 PM
Quote from: Bubbly on July 11, 2017, 04:28:28 PM
Thank you!

True. Mudpuppies are my favorite amphibian, and I have a tattoo of one on my ribs. I'm actually surprised there aren't more axolotl figures out there with how popular they are in the pet trade. The Japanese especially seem to love them, but there aren't even a great abundance of Japanese figures of axolotls.

I believe there is also a figure (albino form) with the Hikari set of aquarium figures from Japan--and that one is even harder to find.

Also, I just noticed that Logan has the same salamander lure as you do! I cut the hooks off because, well, duh. It would be nice to pull the metal right out, but what are you gonna do!

AnimalToyForum

I'm late to the party as I wasn't around much when you posted your pics but... amazing collection! @BlueKrono I'm trying to imaging what your huge collection (I know how extenstive your prehistoric collection is also) would look displayed all together. You'd probably fill a room, if not a house. Where do you keep it all!?

BlueKrono

Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 04, 2018, 12:23:40 AM
I'm late to the party as I wasn't around much when you posted your pics but... amazing collection! @BlueKrono I'm trying to imaging what your huge collection (I know how extenstive your prehistoric collection is also) would look displayed all together. You'd probably fill a room, if not a house. Where do you keep it all!?

I had to upgrade from a one bedroom apartment to a two room. Amazingly, my 2 or 3 largest collections aren't even uploaded on the internet yet. I'll do so as soon as I get a new phone and could justice on the photos.
I like turtles.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 04, 2018, 09:23:55 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 04, 2018, 12:23:40 AM

I had to upgrade from a one bedroom apartment to a two room. Amazingly, my 2 or 3 largest collections aren't even uploaded on the internet yet. I'll do so as soon as I get a new phone and could justice on the photos.

Looking forward to that!