This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)  (Read 2226 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:04:02 PM »
Walk-around of the Mexican dwarf crayfish, Cambarellus patzcuarensis Villalobos, 1943 by Banjihan ACE. This small freshwater crustacean occurs in lakes and springs in Michoacan, Chapultepec, Opopeo, and Tzurumutaro, Mexico. One might think this is an unusual choice for a Japanese company, however this species is apparently common in the aquaria trade.

The figure is 40 mm not including appendages, which makes it just under 1:1 (or 1:1 for a small or young specimen). The figure is a solid piece of plastic with no assembly. It is one of a set of 6, each representing different colors, both wild and domestic. When a figure is presented like this, I usually do not make a huge effort to collect every color variant (1-2 or even 3 are OK, but I don't need 6). I picked the brown version as this is closest to the wild type form.

While there are 6 color variants, this could be considered a 'unique figure' as a set, as I am unaware of any other members of this Central American decapod in toy form.

I definite gem for collectors of unusual species; it's also small and doesn't take up much space.

On to the figures!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:15:51 AM by bmathison1972 »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (unknown manufacturer)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »
Nice figure, the translucence looks good on it. I almost bought this one, too, but they seem harder to find now. By the way, I have an orange coloured rain frog, Breviceps adspersus, from the same company (likewise, it was from a set with the same figure in different colours) and I'm pretty sure the company's name is Banjihan ACE.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (unknown manufacturer)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 11:28:36 AM »
 Banjihan ACE ahve done a gret work with this figure  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:16:22 AM »
I have re-uploaded these to Postimage.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal