News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo 2017

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, December 24, 2016, 03:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Its been a long wait, but here they are. There are more, but single photos are unavailable. Photo quality is poor as well. :(

Dachshund

Red Panda

Sloth

Fennec Fox

Seal

Walrus

Toco Toucan

Ocelot

Elephant Seal
I am the Dinosaur King!

bmathison1972

The sloth is neat; cool to see two of them by major brands in one year!

stargatedalek

You missed the pacman frog.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 24, 2016, 04:02:48 AM

he missed a few, but the pacman frog is a real gem of all the newbies. I would have waited and put it in the 2017 banner but it was my understanding we were not going to hear from Papo for a while regarding new extant figures.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 24, 2016, 04:02:48 AM

I know, I don't have the rest up because there aren't any individual photos of them yet, just pages in the catalog.
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Great! :) It looks like the sloth may have a juvenile clinging to its left side! :o The elephant seal looks phantastic. The horned frog is probably meant to represent C. cranwelli.

sbell

I really like the Ocelot!

But that poor Fennec Fox--they should have fed it first, it's so emaciated. It can be the skinny cousin to the Safari, CollectA and Yowies!

And that red panda's legs are weirdly long...

The whole new catalogue can be seen here:

http://www.papo-france.com/catalogue/2017/index.html#p=22

They made a horned frog! And a Mandarin duck (in the Farm series)! They've also created a line of oversized animals...like the Safari Wildlife Wonders...but I am guessing that the Papo ones will cost a lot

bmathison1972

After their AMAZING wolf spider and scorpion this year, I had hoped they'd add another arthropod. Perhaps they are waiting to see the sale value of those two for another year before deciding... Given Papo's flare for the dramatic I am sure if they do another it will be something that bites or stings

Flipping through that catalog makes me realize if I was more taxonomically diverse, I'd probably have A LOT of Papo figures :)

AcroSauroTaurus

Here they are!

From top to bottom:
White-tail doe
Arctic Hare
Ocelot
White-tail fawn
Red Panda
Sloth
Ornate Horned Frog/Pacman Frog
Frilled Lizard
Bactrian Camel calf
African Elephant and calf
Fennec Fox
Dachshund
Walrus
Harbor Seal
Horse breed
Black Sheep
Elephant Seal
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

all the figures look great except for three that look so out of proportion anatomically. the elephants ears, the red panda legs and the head of the horse.

brontodocus

While odd looking the elephant looks like it's in an aggressive pose with lifted ears. And the ears look quite rounded. I need more photos but I wonder if this one may be possibly used as a figure representing Loxodonta cyclotis?

Jetoar

Elphant seal Looks really good and the new walrus isa good improve  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

CetaceanFan

This the year of the Pinnipeds for Papo!
The Seal and Elephant seal look amazing, but the Walrus on the hand I'm not a huge fan of but I might still get it along with the other two Pinnipeds.  ;D

BlueKrono

Why is the white baby seal missing from the group photo? Had to run to the bathroom?
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

No BlueKrono the baby seal didn't have to go to the bathroom, because it's not a 2017 figure, it's a figure that is available, unlike the new for 2017 figures. ^-^

Elephas Maximus

New African elephants are basically resculpts of the previous ones and those are still not discontinued.

AcroSauroTaurus

Some photos found on FB.

I am the Dinosaur King!