News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo New for 2017

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, December 20, 2016, 06:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

To be honest, these are actually pretty good! Especially the Alligator.

Diamondback Rattlesnake

Bull Shark

Giant Tortoise

Blue Tang

Blue and Green Budgerigars

Green-winged Macaw

Asian Elephant

American Alligator
I am the Dinosaur King!

sbell

Maybe I'm jaded, but there's just nothing...novel. Every one of these has been done many times (save the rattler...although there are a few of those even now).

I wanted something more and more different!

sauroid

some of them look so much like Schleich's older models.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sauroid on December 21, 2016, 06:42:25 AM

The Rattlesnake is definitely inspired by Schleich's, as are the Budgerigars. The Alligator though, is far better than the Schleich, its possibly the best Alligator figure currently made.
I am the Dinosaur King!

stargatedalek

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on December 21, 2016, 06:26:47 PM

The Rattlesnake is definitely inspired by Schleich's, as are the Budgerigars. The Alligator though, is far better than the Schleich, its possibly the best Alligator figure currently made.
Safari has the market cornered on Alligators, quantity and quality wise. This one isn't bad but it's far from the best.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 21, 2016, 09:43:25 PM

Safari has the market cornered on Alligators, quantity and quality wise. This one isn't bad but it's far from the best.

I'm pretty fond of the CollectA alligator myself.

bmathison1972

'Schleich' was my first thought when I saw these too, although the depigmentation on the elephant is nice and the alligator looks good too.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 21, 2016, 09:43:25 PM

I was referring to the paint job mainly, if the Safari's had the paint job that this Mojo Alligator has, then they would be perfect. I like this one better than the Safari ones personally. I don't have any Alligators in my collection yet though, but that will change. I have lots of crocodiles however.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

I think Mojo Have done a good work with some of these figures as the bull shark  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

The new Mojö figures look good, but yes, the choice is a bit uninspiring. Thinking of good alligator figures, I have the feeling the upcoming Safari Wildlife Wonders one may be a contender for the best alligator toy figure but we'll see when the figure is available.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

CetaceanFan

Amazing looking!
And that Alligator has an articulated jaw!!
Wow, Mojo outdone themselves this year!
Also do you have any images on the Bull Shark?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: CetaceanFan on January 10, 2017, 02:11:48 AM
Amazing looking!
And that Alligator has an articulated jaw!!
Wow, Mojo outdone themselves this year!
Also do you have any images on the Bull Shark?

I haven't found any images of it yet.
I am the Dinosaur King!

CetaceanFan

BlueKrono

Why does the Bull shark have Grear white coloration?
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

BlueKrono, Bull Sharks have white undersides, although they could've shaded the places the two colors interfere.
But it's still a great model that I'm looking forward to, and also in my opinion better than the Safari Ltd model.
;) :))

CetaceanFan

Although now that I look at it, it could also work as a Great White.

BlueKrono

I'm partial to the Safari version myself. It is unmistakably a Bull.
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

The Safari version does look a lot like a bull, but I like the new Mojo one much more.

Jetoar

From my point of view Alligator figure is one of the best of the market. Colors are good too  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures