News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2017

Started by brontodocus, September 21, 2016, 06:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Well, since we've just seen some photos of a few upcoming ones I think we can start a thread for Kaiyodo's 2017 releases. Helge has just posted two Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi figures which are apparently 2017 releases (it seems the other ones from his post which I omitted here but which can be seen here are all 2016 releases):

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2016, 10:09:08 AM

A new series: Sofubi Toybox ^-^ - Gorilla and Panda have already been released:
                                              http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-021985
                                      http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-022210&page=rt_02
                                These seem to be action figures. Not sure about the prototypes in the last pictures.

Here's the one that gets me really excited :D! It's going to be the largest Giant Salamander figure in my collection:

Japanese Giant Salamander (release date: March-20-2017)

Butterfly caterpillar (species?)

bmathison1972

the caterpillar is sure to be one of the Papilio sp. Just hope it's realistically painted (which I am sure it will be) and not like that weird caterpillar set they put out a year or so ago.

brontodocus

As Helge posted in the 2016 thread there are more photos and release dates for the Sofubi Toy Box animals at HLJ.com:
While the gorilla and Panda will be late 2016 releases, the Komodo Dragon is scheduled for January 2017:
http://hlj.com/product/KYD00308
Seems it will be quite large. Looking good! :o

AcroSauroTaurus

I was really hoping for an articulated jaw on the Komodo... :( But it still is a beautiful figure!
I am the Dinosaur King!

postsaurischian

In this pic it looks as if it will have an articulated jaw.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 27, 2016, 09:43:28 PM
In this pic it looks as if it will have an articulated jaw.

I didn't see any seam where the jaw would articulate in the closed mouth photos, plus its clearly stated "4 points of articulation" not five. But if it does end up having an articulated jaw, I will have to get it!
I am the Dinosaur King!

postsaurischian

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 28, 2016, 04:09:09 AM
....... its clearly stated "4 points of articulation" not five. .......

That would be a pity indeed.

stargatedalek

Perhaps it's interchangeable instead.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 28, 2016, 10:12:30 PM
Perhaps it's interchangeable instead.

I would prefer a articulated jaw, interchangeable jaws just aren't as good in my opinion. I will probably still get it though since its a Komodo. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Strange... the closer I look the less I think there could be an articulated jaw nor does it look like the jaw is interchangeable. Could it be that the initial idea of the moveable jaw was dropped (and we'll only get one fixed position) or that Kaiyodo is still working on something? Still, I'll get one regardless if the jaw is interchangeable, moveable, or fixed.

bmathison1972

looks like it's going to be Papilio xuthus; release in May 2017:

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 23, 2016, 09:56:02 PM
looks like it's going to be Papilio xuthus; release in May 2017:
Looks great! :) Yes, I know who's getting one...  ;D and I'll have to get one, too, for sure!

bmathison1972

sauroid

bmathison1972

The March CQ release. Be prepared to be wowed:

sbell

I will admit to finding the lizards very nice, and very tempting--but I can only find space for so much!

sauroid

postsaurischian

brontodocus

Those are awesome! 8) I like the simple and elegant look of the bases, too.

bmathison1972

Apparently these are being released this month. I am not sure but I don't think there are any new species here that were not already presented in the other two gecko sets?

screen cap