This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Great White Shark, 2016 version (Safari Ltd Wild Safari Sealife)  (Read 5326 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Great White Shark, 2016 version (Safari Ltd Wild Safari Sealife)
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:32:58 PM »
Yawn... We don't really need yet another Great White Shark figure... or do we? :)) Here comes the Safari Ltd Wild Safari Sealife Great White Shark, Carcharodon carcharias (Linnaeus, 1758); item No. 200729, new for 2016. This is an entirely new sculpt and so much better than the old version (No. 275029) which still remains in production, only with a different paint job. The new sculpt is elegant, more detailed and a lot better proportioned, especially the head. Teeth could have been a little less blunt for my taste, though, but it may be due to child safety. It may be one of the best Great White Shark toy figures by a major company yet. Total length (TL) of the figure is 167 mm so the scale is between approx. 1:24 and 1:35 for a mature individual. The human figure (paleontologist from the Tamiya Dinosaur Diorama series) is approx. 1:35 scale. And of course humans are a much greater threat to Great Whites than vice versa and therefore the species is in decline, resulting in IUCN listing it as "Vulnerable".

Edit 2017-02-04: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:30:32 PM by brontodocus »

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: Great White Shark, 2016 version (Safari Ltd Wild Safari Sealife)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:47:48 AM »
I have to agree--as far as shark figures go, I thought that another Great White was completely unnecessary (especially since CollectA had only recently made such a great, dynamic, and big figure that set the bar pretty high).

But this one is fintastic (yes, I did that). Along wth the other Safari sharks this year, they even improved the skin 'texture'.

AcroSauroTaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »
I too wish it didn't have Globidens teeth. But It still is a great figure of the popular species.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:48:08 PM »
Really improve of safari with the Great White Shark, I am glad to see it in other images are not catalogue  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
Safari Ltd WS Sealife 2016 Great White Shark photos are back! :)

Stuckasaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 01:20:11 AM »
Does anybody have a comparison photo of all three Safari Great White Sharks? This, the older version, and the Monterey Bay version?

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »
Does anybody have a comparison photo of all three Safari Great White Sharks? This, the older version, and the Monterey Bay version?
Her you go:

:)

Stuckasaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 04:52:28 AM »
Her you go:

Perfect! Thank you! I'm thinking of having the MBA version stand in as a C. megalodon next to my other figures. This is helps the comparison shopper in me. :)

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
Her you go:

Perfect! Thank you! I'm thinking of having the MBA version stand in as a C. megalodon next to my other figures. This is helps the comparison shopper in me. :)

We shoudl get you a picture of the Safari Megalodon with the other 3 then--it's kind of the fourth for that group!

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 12:37:03 PM »
Really good size and improve too  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal