This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Wandering Albatross (CollectA – Sea Life Collection)  (Read 2978 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Wandering Albatross (CollectA – Sea Life Collection)
« on: September 10, 2016, 06:41:13 PM »
Surprisingly, there aren’t that many figures representing this magnificent, gigantic tubenose bird so I was very pleased to see CollectA released one this year. So here is a walk-around of the CollectA Sea Life Wandering Albatross, Diomedea exulans Linnaeus, 1758; item No. 88765, new for 2016. It's quite large for a regular bird figure, body length would be approx. 95 mm and wing span approx. 224 mm if both were fully spread out so the scale would be between approx. 1:12 and 1:14. The human figure (South American father by Miniland "Los Amigos del Mundo") is approx. 1:13 - 1:14 scale. Over the last 70 years the global population of Wandering Albatrosses has declined by about one third and IUCN lists the species as "Vulnerable".

Edit 2017-02-04: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:50:23 PM by brontodocus »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Wandering Albatross (CollectA – Sea Life Collection)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:54:16 PM »
One of the most friendlys and beautiful figures of these species. It is really cute  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Wandering Albatross (CollectA – Sea Life Collection)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »
Albatross is flying again, pictures are back! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal