News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Playmobil animals

Started by stargatedalek, February 05, 2015, 02:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

For discussion of animal related pieces and sets from Playmobil.

As for myself I don't have any pics to show for it right now, but I have a rather large stash of them. Someday I hope to get them out again and photograph them.

sbell

I'll start! The first Playmobil animal is...

The spotted hyena, of course!

And then to change things up, one of their moray eels (can't remember which set--possibly the mer-people one):

brontodocus

macc ngow

Playmobil is very nice.
there are a plenty of animal, so cute.

Jetoar

I will share images of my sets  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

I have none. I never imagined them realistic enough but after looking at the moloch, maybe I should reconsider? Are there any arthropods? I see on eBay there is a Playmobil trilobite for really cheap, but it's also very very generic

thanks

stargatedalek

There's a few arthropods, and while all of them are very generic most of them are so small its forgivable. In the smallest size there's a scorpion, butterfly (some of the paint apps are identifiable to species level!), lobster, and crab, slightly larger there's a tarantula, trilobite, and meganeura, and there's a giant fiddler crab monster. There might be more but these are the only ones I remember/own.

brontodocus

Some of their retired dinosaur sets included a snakefly (sort of). :o 8)
One example here.

stargatedalek

That's from the recent dinosaur series, I don't own many sets from that era or onward so I must have overlooked it.  :o

stargatedalek

Sadly I've lost my good transparent ruler, so the Canadian quarter will have to do.

All of them are hard plastic except the tarantula, which is a soft, but not rubbery material. Vaguely similar to safari Incredible Creatures in texture.

MariaEvri

I have their bottlenose dolphin. Let's see if I figure out how to uploadpictures...

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: MariaEvri on April 17, 2015, 06:49:22 PM
I have their bottlenose dolphin. Let's see if I figure out how to uploadpictures...

Here are the instructions on how to post images: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=3.0 You can ask there if you need help :)

MariaEvri

alrighty then :)
I have this cute little fella, he's been my childhood friend

I also used to have the orca as well but I seem to have lost it

Isidro

Hello!
Near my home there is a store spezialiced in PlayMobil. It only sells PlayMobil.
It have two viewing glasses, each one with a diorama. Dioramas can change slowly over the yeras. I was surprised to find how many species of animals one can find in these, being PlayMobil a brand not focused in biodiversity! So I tought during some months in making a photographic session for show the animals here in the forum. And today I did it.

The left window have a Far West diorama:
1.jpg

It have relatively few animals. There are:
A bison (Bison bison) rided by a guy
1bisonte.jpg

Some horses (Equus caballus) of different sculpts and coats
1caballos.jpg

A goat (Capra hircus)
1cabra.jpg

A northern raccoon (Procyon lotor) on a roof
1mapache.jpg

A sheep (Ovis aries)
1oveja.jpg

Various emperor penguins (Aptenodytes forsteri) over the roofs of the buildings. Of course this is the most typical bird species in American West, and his great ability to fly make them easy to land in roofs  :))
1pinguino.jpg

And last, a herd of domestic cattle (Bos taurus), Texas Longhorn breed, in various coats :)
1vacastejanas.jpg

Isidro

The right window have a diorama about... not sure what is it. Looks like an imperial colony in India maybe, or some kind of Middle Age fortification... it have features of various continents, both in the animals and in the people. But as all the landscape is dominated by palms, I suppose that it must be at least in a warm location.
2.jpg

Here are many more animal species that in the Far West diorama!!!
Begining with a couple of eagles sitting on a small tree. A bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) and what I suppose that pretend to be a golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos):
2aguilas.jpg

An ox (Bos taurus) used for transport:
2buey.jpg

Couple of vultures (Gyps sp.). The colour make me think in Indian white-backed vultures rather than Eurasian griffons...
2buitres.jpg

A rattlesnake (Crotalus sp.) It come in two variants, chestnut-red and bright green.
2cascabelroja.jpg
2cascabelverde.jpg

A pig (Sus scrofa) herd, with adults and calves
2cerdos.jpg

Rided dromedaries (Camelus dromedarius)
2dromedarios.jpg

White elephants with red eyes. By ear size, they're African elephants (Loxodonta africana)
2elefantes.jpg

Isidro

Scorpion, like rattlesnakes they come in 2 colours, black and red. Impossible to assignate even to a family, much less a species, of course
2escorpionnegro.jpg
2escorpionrojo.jpg

Hens (Gallus gallus) for sale inside a cage in the market
2gallinas.jpg

A hunted wild boar (Sus scrofa) with its piglet following his dead mother. Sad  :-\
2jabalĂ­.jpg

A lizard. Can be anything, but let's assignate it to jewelled lizard (Lacerta lepida)
2lagarto.jpg

Two lionesses (Panthera leo), or, more probably, a lioness and a cougar (Puma concolor) due to the different sculpt in the head. Chained and being give a walk.
2leonas.jpg

Couple of wolves (Canis lupus)
2lobos.jpg

An interesting biodiversity hotspot: a fish market! There are crabs, lobster, two kinds of elongated bony fishes, a flatfish and a shark. Let's assignate most probable species for each. Crabs can be green crabs (Carcinus maenas), lobsters could be cooked American lobsters (Homarus americanus), bony fish 1 are mackerels (Scomber scombrus), fish 2 can be anything but let's imagine that they are some kind of sardines or herrings, flatfish maybe can be assigned to turbots (Psetta maxima), and a small, elongated, unpatterned dark grey shark valuable in fish market can be Galeorhinus galeus.
2mercadopescado.jpg

A monkey, walking in the central plaza, free and not afraid of people :D by the shape is probably a South American monkey (Cebidae), maybe a spider monkey in the genus Ateles.
2mono.jpg

Isidro

Very out of place there is a Bethlehem portal in a corner (and the diorama was here after New Year - before it was a Martian diorama). And of course, a Bethlehem portal always have an ox and a mule (Equus caballus x asinus):
2mula.jpg

Other mules are used for transport.
2mulos.jpg

Domestic geese (Anser anser) for sale in the market...
2ocas.jpg

Bears (Ursus sp) - some completely black, some very dark brown - with cubs, eating bones of a large carcass...
2osos.jpg

Domestic pigeons (Columba livia) in the roof of Bethlehem portal
2palomas.jpg

Mallards (Anas platyrhynchos) for sale in the market
2patos.jpg

A meerkat (Suricata suricatta) family!
2suricatos.jpg

And a lovely European badger (Meles meles)!!!
2tejon.jpg

Cows (Bos taurus) inside a fence
2vacas.jpg

And a red fox (Vulpes vulpes). Also it have two youngs in different poses :)
2zorro.jpg