News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wild Wraps (Safari LTD)

Started by bmathison1972, January 07, 2019, 11:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Came across these figures on eBay, Wild Wraps, by Safari LTD. Interestingly they were released in 1997 but I was previously unfamiliar with them. They have bendable appendages and are intended to be 'wrapped' around things, such as a bicycle frame, backpack, or a child's arm.

I picked up four arthropods: the tarantula, praying mantis, purple shore crab (a new species, albeit not a really great representation), and the Indian oakleaf butterfly (for which I thought the Kabaya figure was unique!). There are other animals (there was a dragonfly I didn't get).

Anyone else have experience with these?

I don't normally alter figures (I do not correct scientific mistakes) but I will cut the extensions off the butterfly (as I would straps or key chains from some figures), as they are too long and obtrusive. The mantis and tarantula legs are also a bit long, but it's easier to accept those.