This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Dunkleosteus (Schleich, 2016)  (Read 3661 times)

Rossano

• View Profile
Dunkleosteus (Schleich, 2016)
« on: August 20, 2016, 01:54:05 AM »
I see on Schleich's site the new Dunkleosteus model, that looks quite well-made, at least to my mostly inexpert eye.

In Italy it's not been released yet, so I would like to know if in some other country it's already on sale, and what do you think of it. Does someone know what are the dimensions of the model? The animal was huge and the model looks quite big too. Finally, an idea of the price point would be welcome.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Dunkleosteus (Schleich, 2016)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »
I see on Schleich's site the new Dunkleosteus model, that looks quite well-made, at least to my mostly inexpert eye.

In Italy it's not been released yet, so I would like to know if in some other country it's already on sale, and what do you think of it. Does someone know what are the dimensions of the model? The animal was huge and the model looks quite big too. Finally, an idea of the price point would be welcome.
I've seen it in online stores for less than 11 and for as much as 20 in a toy store. I had the opportunity to hold the latter one in my hands (but didn't buy it due to the price). Size seems similar to or a little bigger than the Safari Ltd WS Dinos figure, so about 20 cm, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. One of the few recent releases of prehistoric figures by Schleich which I actually like! :)

postsaurischian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
In the walk around section we should show at least one photo :).

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 10:23:31 PM »
Wow postsaurischian, this pciture is showing a really beautifully painted real model, and this was my main concern, since the animal in the official photos shown on the site is very nice, but some ics I saw on the net in the meanwhile are much poorer, but now I have to consider it is mainly because of poor shots, and not poor quality of the painting in the commercial production.

There is a difference in the fact that the models on sale have a more reddish tone in the back part, while the site's picture shows a model with more yellow-greyish tones that I actually find a bit more elegant and realistic, but both have a very good looking aspect and that's it.

Thanks a lot, I am definitely going to buy one on amazon, my son got in love with it and he knows it is not yet available in the shops in Italy, I will make hima big surprise... :-)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:26:33 PM by Rossano »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal