News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Suggestions on Figues with 2 species interacting

Started by Megalosaurus, March 08, 2016, 05:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

Hello.
I'm starting to collect miniatures of extant animals.
I've just bought 2 ChocoQ figures and I love them.

I've got the Nile Crocodile and the yellow fish eating other fish.
I'd like to get more figures of 2 species interacting, but I lack knowledge about this subject.

Which other figures showing any interaction between 2 species do you like?
Its not necesary that the relashionship to be predation.

Thanks in advance.

bmathison1972

The Kayiodo Yokohama Zoo set (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/zoorasiae.htm) has a few figures with two species, I dont think the actually interact in nature, but the species are displayed together.

Colorata did a figure with the fish, Stonogobiops, with its shrimp symbiont, Alpheus randalli.

brontodocus

There are not that many, but I can add a few others:

Safari Ltd WS Wildlife Cape Buffalo with oxpeckers;

Colorata Endangered Animals Wild Animals Vol. 1 model No. 6 and 7: The Greater Anteater and Nine-banded Armadillo build a mini diorama together, the bases of both contain a half of a termite mound that can be put together:

Colorata Endangered Animals Wild Animals Vol. 1 model No. 8, 9, and 10 build a mini diorama, too:

Colorata Endangered Species Reptiles Box model No. 4 Marine Iguana with Sally Lightfoot Crab, Grapsus grapsus.

Sea Otters with starfish were made by Safari Ltd Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection and Incredible Creatures;
Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Nankyoku model No. 6 features a Leopard Seal chasing a Gentoo Penguin;

Birdmobile cardboard model Osprey, Pandion haliaetus (life-size!) with brown trout, Salmo trutta.

Gekko japonicus; Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour Mono Lizards and Geckos model. With prey (looks like a tiger moth, Noctuidae: Arctiinae)

Yujin The Frogs in Colour Series 1 Secret No. 3 Rana sakuraii with Oncorhynchus cf. masou:

Takara Kaiyodo Night Aqua Museum model No. 4 Thysanostoma thysanura with juveniles of Gnathanodon speciosus, the Golden Trevally.

Takara Kaiyodo Night Aqua Museum model No. 5 Left: Thecacera pacifica; Right: Chromodoris elisabethina.

Takara Kaiyodo Night Aqua Museum model No. 8 Pachystomias microdon; Smalltooth Dragonfish together with unidentified lanternfish.

Colorata Nature's Library Salt Water Fish model No. 5 Ocean Sunfish, Mola mola, with unidentified rhizostomean jellyfish.

Takara Kaiyodo Night Aqua Museum model No. 7 Amphiprion frenatus; Tomato Anemonefish; Colorata Nature's Library - Coral Reef Fish model No. 1 and Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1 model No. 8 Amphiprion ocellaris; Clown Anemonefish; all on sea anemones.

Takara Tomy A.R.T.S 3D Capsule Encyclopedia Insect Head models No. 3 and 6 Tenodera aridifolia, Chinese Mantid, with prey Anotogaster sieboldii; Golden Ringed Dragonfly.

Kaiyodo Souvenirs Entomologiques (Jean Henri Fabre) model No. 3 Carabus auratus with White-lipped Snail, Cepaea hortensis.

Kaiyodo Souvenirs Entomologiques (Jean Henri Fabre) model No. 4. Podalonia hirsuta; a digger wasp with prey caterpillar.

sauroid

the Yujin Toba Aquarium Spotted Green Kidako Moray Eel with a cleaner wrasse

Megalosaurus

Wooaahh. Most of them are really nice.
I love the "connect toguether" concept.

Thank you very much Bmathison1972, Brontodocus and Sauroid.
Now is time to look for them in Japanese sites I guess. Any suggestion besides Yahoo Auctions?

Any other 2+ especies figure?

Jetoar

Really beautiful recopilation of figures. Kaiyodo Souvenirs Entomologiques Saturnia pavonia I think it is a good example too  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Colorata, Raptors box - Harpy Eagle

Colorata, Raptors box - Steller's Sea Eagle

Colorata, Raptors box - Secretary Bird (left) & Kaiyodo, Natural Monuments of Japan No.27 - Red-crowned Crane (middle)

Kaiyodo, Birdtales - Common Kingfisher

Kaiyodo, Natural Monuments of Japan No.04 - Blakiston's Fish-owl

Kaiyodo, Natural Monuments of Japan No.23 - Horse

Kaiyodo, Natural Monuments of Japan No.35 - Japanese Giant Salamander

Kaiyodo, Naturetales - Geoemyda japonica meeting a snail (below)

Kaiyodo, Enoshima Aquarium - Blacktip Reef Shark

Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour, Nankyoku set: - Leopard Seal

Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour, Clear Streams In Japan - Ayu

Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour, Ogasawara set - Wrought Iron Butterflyfish with Maxima Clam (right)

Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour, Ogasawara set - Humpback whale with calf

These two pictures are © by ~The Mandarin~

sbell

Colorata has several of them:
From the Original Saltwater Fishes box:

Tiger puffer with gastropod

Kelp Scorpionfish with various encrusted bivalves

Japanese Red Sea Bream with some sort of invert on the sea bottom:

From the Cretaceous Dinos 2 box:

Mosasaurus with ammonite:

From the Coral Reef Box:

Yellownose Prawn goby with unidentified shrimp:

bmathison1972

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 09, 2016, 03:57:07 PM
Quote from: sbell on March 09, 2016, 01:07:38 AM
Yellownose Prawn goby with unidentified shrimp:

The shrimp is Alpheus randalli :)

I will update my database!

Any guesses on the various inverts on the other sets!?  :P

Beetle guy

To beetle or not to beetle.

postsaurischian

Yujin, The Frogs In Colour - Daruma Pond Frog with tadpoles

Megalosaurus

Thank you guys. These are truly amazing figures.
And I'm pretty sure there're more to check.
While looking for these I found this one:

Kitan Club Toba Aquarium Dugong & Turtle

bmathison1972

Megalosaurus, where do you live? If you are in the US, you can get tons of Japanese/gashapon figures just on ebay. They may come from abroad, but they are easy to acquire.

sauroid

Asahiyama Zoo

i dont remember whether this starfish/shrimp set is by Yujin or Epoch (dont remember the species either although i have two sets)

bmathison1972

the harlequin shrimp and starfish are by Epoch. I did a walkaround of this set.

sauroid

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 11, 2016, 04:39:09 PM
the harlequin shrimp and starfish are by Epoch. I did a walkaround of this set.
cool thanks  :)

Megalosaurus

Amazing figures everyone.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 10, 2016, 03:39:50 PM
Megalosaurus, where do you live? If you are in the US, you can get tons of Japanese/gashapon figures just on ebay. They may come from abroad, but they are easy to acquire.

I live in México, so shipping cost usually is not cheap. Anyway I'll check ebay for free shipping. Thank you for the suggestion. I got my first figures from Brett and some others by a proxy service. But it has proven to be a hard task to get this figures as majority of those are discontinued (and searching the right kanji for each figure is not a pleasant task).

sbell

Quote from: Megalosaurus on March 11, 2016, 06:02:04 PM
Amazing figures everyone.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 10, 2016, 03:39:50 PM

I live in México, so shipping cost usually is not cheap. Anyway I'll check ebay for free shipping. Thank you for the suggestion. I got my first figures from Brett and some others by a proxy service. But it has proven to be a hard task to get this figures as majority of those are discontinued (and searching the right kanji for each figure is not a pleasant task).

Unfortunately, your task won't ever get easier I'm afraid--most of these do have very limited runs, and were mostly available only in Japan. I find that if you use YAJ or Jauce you can search at least somewhat in English--but if you let Brett know exactly what you are searching for, his Japanese sources can help hunt them down in the auctions.

NightLioness

Wauw, just scrolling up and down to see al these beautiful animals!
I like these kind of topics :D