Author Topic: Dynastes Neptunus (Sega)  (Read 3037 times)

Beetle guy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Beetle
Dynastes Neptunus (Sega)
« on: February 26, 2016, 10:07:54 AM »
Walk-around Dynastes neptunus (Mushi King DX series) which was released in Japan around 2006.

The Sega Mushi King DX series include: Dynastes hercules (yellow/grey/dark brown type), Dynastes neptunus, Chalcosoma atlas, Megasoma gyas, Megasoma acteon, Megasoma mars, Hexarthrius mandibularis, Dorcus palawanicus, Dorcus alcides, allomyrina dichotoma (only one with wings in this series), Prosopocoilus giraffa and Mesotopus tarandus.

Dynastes Neptunus. 

The model is very detailed and realistic. This model is approximatly 11,8 cm long, not including the legs. Scale being 1:1 considering a large male. The tarsus being a bit of scale and bulky. This may be because this series was sold more or less being action toys.

The legs, thorax and head are movable. Paintjob is great I gave this model a little repaint on the horn, head, abdomen and leg hair. The model needs a little assemblage (legs, that are numbered).

Dorsal view, the elytra having very much detail.

The underside. There is the Sega copyright, made in china and the distinctive 4 dots that al the DX and smaller sizes of the series have. Also I added the original figure. Hairs beneath the body not painted. And hairs on horn and head more yellow.

Front view.

I will post more walk-arounds on the SEGA DX stag and rhinoceros beetles soon!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:17:13 AM by Beetle guy »
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dynastes Neptunus (Sega)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »
What is the relationship between Sega and Subarudo? I have large scarabs from the former; I think the two are linked (or copy eachother). I have two Muskiking D. neptunus, but they are smaller.

Beetle guy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Beetle
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:54:55 PM »
What is the relationship between Sega and Subarudo? I have large scarabs from the former; I think the two are linked (or copy eachother). I have two Muskiking D. neptunus, but they are smaller.

I think Sega/Bandai and Subarudo/takara where competitors that both came up with quite a few of the same beetles species. Sega had a computer game out about beetles and made all kinds of merchandise when beetle toys where hot in Japan (quess they still are. Sega made many different sets, from poor to high quality. 

The DX series where the very detailed models from hard pcv. Then they made a bunch that had a more rubber feel (with wings and without).
The smaller D. neptunus belong to a huge series of beetles (all Dynastidae and Lucanidae), some species had even a few variations made within this series.

I will do a post with an overview  of what  I have from Sega and know about it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:46:55 PM by Beetle guy »
To beetle or not to beetle.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »
This figure looks amazing  :o.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures