News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Coral Reef Fish

Started by postsaurischian, January 04, 2013, 07:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Aquameridian Humphead Wrasse walk-around images repaired. :)

Takama

OkJust an FYI there are two version of this now retired figure. 

The first one was released in the 90s and it was a fully posable figure

This one (which i ordered off of Amazon) is in a fixed pose, so there is no bendable features.

The date on the bottom says 2010, so i added that distiction to the titile, But it is retired as of the time of this writeing.

bmathison1972

When I was a generalist I had the original posable figure. While that does not bother me, I would prefer a solid/static figure!

Keep these invaluable walkarounds coming! :)

sbell

I never did get the poseable model. Not sure why. But I did get the later static IC model.

Oddly, mine looks quite different from this one:

It is Safari # 261529, and I probably had it in 2008 or earlier...(the photo is 2009). I didn't realize they'd added another later on!

Isidro

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 23, 2013, 11:20:05 PM
Safari Ltd confirmed on Facebook that the figure is the same version as before and that "it is brought back due to popular demand."

Wow, a popular demand can make a brand to produce again a retired figure? Now, let's start a popular demand for the Safari LTD retired California condor and Malayan tapir!!!!  :))

sbell

Quote from: Isidro on June 21, 2019, 03:34:15 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 23, 2013, 11:20:05 PM
Safari Ltd confirmed on Facebook that the figure is the same version as before and that "it is brought back due to popular demand."

Wow, a popular demand can make a brand to produce again a retired figure? Now, let's start a popular demand for the Safari LTD retired California condor and Malayan tapir!!!!  :))

It happens occasionally. Usually they rerelease it with a slight paint change or something, like the aardvark. There's been a few like that

bmathison1972

It seems like every year one to a few are just repaints. For example, the giraffe and its calf, the pangolin, rockhopper penguin, and sperm whale in 2019 are like that.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Some moray eel species from Toys Spirits' 2024 Moray Eel Mascot Collection.

They are super soft and flexible, making them easy to position for diorama shots :)

1. white ribbon eel, Pseudechidna brummeri

2. snowflake moray, Echidna nebulosa

3. y-patterned moray, Gymnothorax berndti

4. yellow-spotted moray, Echidna xanthospilos

bmathison1972

Favorite Co. Japanese seabass:

sbell

Takara TOMY Kidako moray eel