News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pinnipeds: Seals, Sealions, Walrus

Started by Ana, December 31, 2012, 12:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

These models are retired from few years. Elephant seal male and baby. It's hard to say for me whether is it Northern or Southern species.  ??? Size of adult is similar to Schleich elephant seal - it's about 20 cm long.

Here with Safari LTD Harp seal for size comparison:

Some close ups:

They are ones of my favorite Bullyland figures and they were gift from dear friend :D

^-^ ^-^ ^-^

brontodocus

Wow, those are very nice figures, Ana, and I didn't know them before. :o :) Too bad they are retired...

Ana

Thank You :)

Yes, I also think it's shame they are not available anymore. I believe it's time for new figures of elephant seal by any brand :)

Jetoar

Thanks for share friend. Too bad that this figure is retired  :(.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Battatitan

I never even knew these figures existed...  :-[ It's a shame they're retired - they're really nice.  :)) Thanks for showing us, Ana, but no thanks for adding another beautiful but retired figure to my wish-list!  :D

Ana

Thank You for all nice comments!!! :D Sorry for making Your wish lists longer LOL  :))

brontodocus

Walk-around of the retired Schleich Sea Animals 1:32 (or "Seetiere 1:32") Elephant Seal, Mirounga cf. leonina (Linnaeus, 1758). Total length is approx. 207 mm so the scale is approx. 1:20 - 1:32. The identification is only tentative and it could also represent the very similar Northern Elephant Seal, Mirounga angustirostris, which has a slightly longer but narrower proboscis. Human figures are approx. 1:30 (ranger from Safari Ltd. "Land Down Under Toob") and 1:22.5 scale (frightened man from Accoutrements "Horrified B-Movie Victims"), respectively.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Battatitan

Nice and realistic figure - thanks! I have been looking around for him oBay nut he seems to command rather high prices.  :(
It would also be cool to see him alongside Bullyland's elephant seals.

And Brontodocus, I'd probably feel the same if I were in the "frightened man"'s position!  :D

Battatitan

Quote from: Ana on January 03, 2013, 06:43:15 PM
Thank You for all nice comments!!! :D Sorry for making Your wish lists longer LOL  :))

Hahaha they're awesome models and I never noticed them before. It'd be interesting to see how frequently they are sold and how much they sell for.

tyrantqueen

The scared guy's reaction seems pretty appropriate ;)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Hehe, thanks! :)
Quote from: Battatitan on January 04, 2013, 12:14:08 PM
Nice and realistic figure - thanks! I have been looking around for him oBay nut he seems to command rather high prices.  :(
It would also be cool to see him alongside Bullyland's elephant seals.

And Brontodocus, I'd probably feel the same if I were in the "frightened man"'s position!  :D
Yes, after having been outbid several times I found this one BIN for â,¬18 some four years ago. :-\ I don't have the Bullyland Elephant Seal, so I can not make a comparison shot. Oh, and of course the "Horrified B-Movie Victim" man has a good reason to be afraid...

But these figures seem to get into trouble all the time... ;D I think a human scale figures thread could be useful, anyway. I should post one, eventually.

Jetoar

Cool figure. Wath a pity that this figure is retired  :'(.

Jetoar

I would like that Bullyland do again this figure  ^-^.

Ana

Lovely figure and I like these funny human figures very much too :D I think I probably need some humans in my collection as well  ::)

I had some luck to find this sea elephant for not high price on ebay.de last year, I payed 9 euro for him or so  ^-^

brontodocus

My favourite Walrus figure is the Wild Safari Sealife Walrus, Odobenus rosmarus (Linnaeus, 1758). The length is approx. 130 mm and scale is approx. 1:23 - 1:28.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

brontodocus

Wow, congrats, â,¬9 that's about what the figure originally sold for when it was still sold in stores. 8) I've seen it go for over â,¬25 quite often.

Ana

Quote from: brontodocus on January 04, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
Wow, congrats, â,¬9 that's about what the figure originally sold for when it was still sold in stores. 8) I've seen it go for over â,¬25 quite often.

Yes, my luck haha:D

Battatitan

I never realised that his mouth was open, almost half-way through a loud bellow. It's a nice feature of a nice figure.  :D

brontodocus

Yes, it is, and I like the overall proportions a lot more than those of the Schleich "1:32" Walrus. :)