News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Repaints of Vintage Figures

Started by bmathison1972, February 15, 2016, 03:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

As you may have seen in Recent Acquisitions, I recently received a bunch of brown plastic vintage insects. I have multiple sets so I thought I'd paint a set.

I have started with the centipede, painting it to look like Scolopendra heros. The plastic doesnt receive acrylic paint well and they are small (the centipede is 30 mm not including appendages).

stemturtle

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 15, 2016, 03:11:53 PM
As you may have seen in Recent Acquisitions, I recently received a bunch of brown plastic vintage insects. I have multiple sets so I thought I'd paint a set.

I have started with the centipede, painting it to look like Scolopendra heros. The plastic doesnt receive acrylic paint well and they are small (the centipede is 30 mm not including appendages).

I like your colorful repaint.
A few years ago Walmart sold a spray primer called Krylon Fusion for Plastic that took acrylic paint well.

brontodocus

Nice! :) This shows how much an old figure can benefit from a good repaint. 8)

Jetoar

A good repaint means a good sculpture and a new face for the figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures