News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sun Wai

Started by stargatedalek, October 18, 2015, 01:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I don't know much about this company, except that they make some nice marine life! I only own a stingray and an oranda but I've seen crabs, lobsters, other stingrays, trigger fish, and salmon.

Jetoar

I have a crocodile, you can see it in reviews and walk arounds, even this ray with another color  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

That's a pretty decent-looking ray; is it a particular species?

stargatedalek

Thanks for the heads up Jetoar! I can see from your crocodile that I misread the name, as its logo is much clearer. I grabbed the links to Jetoars walk arounds, the ray is definitely the same mold (although I have seen another mold where the pectorals are flat). I can't picture the ray as any particular species sadly, it's sculpted very well but the paint app seems rather general.

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=315.0
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=475.0

bmathison1972

I looked at my misc. figures and it looks like I have two Sun Wai figures (and yes, it is Wai and not Wat)  for starters. Both are large, and like the sting ray, apparently modified to shoot water.
There is a very nice Argiope garden spider and a 'Frankenstein' lobster, that seems to share morphologies with both the spiny and true lobsters:

sbell

I just got to Florida,  and look what I found at the store! Best part is that i asked how much and they gave it to me! It was a store decoration.

Jetoar

I like to see more figures of this brand  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

Looks like I have one more, the puss moth caterpillar, Cerura vinula. I bought this from an online novelty store and didnt realize until today it is also a Sun Wai figure. It is large, 29 cm to the end of the furcula. I believe there was also a sphingid caterpillar too!