News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1:40 whales

Started by Thylakeane, October 01, 2015, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thylakeane

Recently I bought the amazing kaiyodo Mega Sofubi Blue Whale. It gave me the weird idea to sculpt a line of cetaceans myself, to go with the Blue Whale. And I did that. The Blue's scale is between 1:35 and 1:43 if I remember correctly. I decided to sculpt them in scale 1:40. I have made the Blainville's Beaked whale, Peale's Dolphin, Vaquita and Bowhead Whale so far, andI am currently working on a Northern Bottlenose Whale. I hope to do almost every cetacean one day, mainly the ones that haven't been produced into toy form a lot. If there's any iterest, I will try to make casts of them to sell (perhaps also the original sculpture or one like it). I took pics of the Blainville's, Peale's and Vaquita (currently figuring out how to upload pics here, for now here are pics from my DeviantArt):

Thank you so much for reading and let me know if you're interested and in what species!

stargatedalek

You should probably get the image locations, since the links just take me to my own DA stash.

brontodocus

The links don't work for me... probably because I don't have a DA account?
Here's a guide how to post images: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Yutyrannus

Quote from: brontodocus on October 04, 2015, 12:04:44 PM
The links don't work for me... probably because I don't have a DA account?
Here's a guide how to post images: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=3.0
It can't be that, I have a DA account and I can't see them either.
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

Thylakeane

Sorry about that. I quickly made a photobucket account, hope it works

stargatedalek

I use my DA to share pictures on here a lot, you just need to right click and select "copy image location" and then post that.