avatar_postsaurischian

Isopods (Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour)

Started by postsaurischian, August 12, 2015, 09:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

   ^-^  Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour - isopods set
   I don't have the rolled up versions. If somebody does, please show them here!

   Bathynomus doederleini - Marine Isopod


   Bathynomus giganteus - Giant Isopod











                         









                         



      Suddenly, during the shooting a tiny relative arrived on the scene :). Really, non-scheduled, sheer coincidence!




      The stone slab I was using was populated by the cuties :).





  The Giant Isopod is not to be confused with the life-sized model also made by Kitan Club.
    For a Nature Techni Colour Gashapon figure it's still pretty big though.




bmathison1972

I have most of this set as well (not all 6). So they are different species? I was under the assumption the brown/albino figures are immatures of the larger gray one.

bmathison1972

my rolled-up ones can be seen here:

dorsal:



ventral:



postsaurischian

#3
 :D Nice!!

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 12, 2015, 09:25:16 PM
I have most of this set as well (not all 6). So they are different species? I was under the assumption the brown/albino figures are immatures of the larger gray one.

I'd say you have the complete set. There is a 8 figures variant, but with 4 doubles (with straps). ... [nonsense]
The species' names are from the pamphlet papers that come with the figures.



bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 12, 2015, 09:34:20 PM
:D Nice!!

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 12, 2015, 09:25:16 PM
I have most of this set as well (not all 6). So they are different species? I was under the assumption the brown/albino figures are immatures of the larger gray one.

I'd say you have the complete set. There is a 8 figures variant, but with 4 doubles (with straps).
The species' names are from the pamphlet papers that come with the figures.

thanks. My papers didn't indicate more than one species (maybe my seller sent me duplicates of one of the papers). Cool, I am happy they are different species, although both species have been previously done. The figures themselves are beyond amazing!

postsaurischian

#5
  Here are the pamphlets of the two species:




  As for the complete set - you were right, it's a 6 piece set, but doubles with straps don't really count ;D.



bmathison1972

Thanks! Yeah it looks like my seller just sent copies of the same 'giganteus' papers :)

stargatedalek

These are really beautiful, I will definitely need to get this set at some point! ;D

Jetoar

Kitan club has a great detail with its figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Sorry for being so late to comment, Helge! :-[ Once again this is such a wonderful set! :) Since I already have the life size B. giganteus I think I will may go for the B. doederleinii, though.

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on September 06, 2015, 11:13:11 AM
Sorry for being so late to comment, Helge! :-[

;D He, he .. I hope you had a great holiday trip!

Did you identify the tiny relative :)?

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 10, 2015, 09:18:32 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on September 06, 2015, 11:13:11 AM
Sorry for being so late to comment, Helge! :-[

;D He, he .. I hope you had a great holiday trip!

Did you identify the tiny relative :)?
Thanks, Helge! :) Well, it was great but not so much relaxing - I took approx. 8,000 photos within two weeks... :-[ ;D
The living isopods in your photos were not that easy to find out. They belong to the genus Trachelipus, probably Rathke's Woodlouse Trachelipus rathkii:)

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on September 12, 2015, 02:57:16 PM
....... Trachelipus rathkii:)

:D Caramba! Thanks, I made a quick pic search. I think these are really cute :).