News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sauroid

i recently got these Nayab marine mammals
weddell seal

strap-toothed whale

spotted dolphin

sperm whale

southern elephant seal

orca

manatee

kerguelen fur seal

hourglass dolphin

AnimalToyForum

The strap-toothed whale is great - what an amazing creature.

brontodocus

There are some really good figures among them, I have several of the Antarctic figures, too. :) The Strap-toothed Whale is a must-have and it was the reason for me to hunt for them. Is it really Nayab? :o I always thought the company's name was Lontic. Or are they identical?

sauroid

according to some source (STS), these were originally manufactured by Nayab then other chinese companies acquired the rights to release them under their own company name to other countries. but the mother source is Nayab. i am thankful that these figures still retained the original paint scheme. ive seen re-released Nayabs with really awful paint jobs.

and i agree re: the strap-toothed whale. i think Nayab was the only brand that made this species. and the sculpt is excellent to boot.

brontodocus

Ah, okay, so apparently Lontic acquired the rights to make them and they were originally produced by Nayab? :) At least those that I have don't seem to differ from yours, so that's good. Mine were in boxes of two figures and I bought them from a U.S. seller - I hope to see the other figures in online stores in Europe, too, I'd really like to get more of them, there are some animals represented that have rarely (or never before) shown up in figure form. :)

Jetoar

Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 25, 2012, 11:26:58 AM
The strap-toothed whale is great - what an amazing creature.

is the firts time that I see a figure of this sea mammal  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

Quote from: brontodocus on December 26, 2012, 12:28:20 PM
Ah, okay, so apparently Lontic acquired the rights to make them and they were originally produced by Nayab? :) At least those that I have don't seem to differ from yours, so that's good. Mine were in boxes of two figures and I bought them from a U.S. seller - I hope to see the other figures in online stores in Europe, too, I'd really like to get more of them, there are some animals represented that have rarely (or never before) shown up in figure form. :)
my arctic/antarctic figures came in boxes of four figures. three boxes so twelve different models (the sea mammals plus coastal/oceanic birds and fish). there's also the sea creatures box sets where the manatee is from (sea mammals, sharks/other fish and invertebrates). they are also very decent figures. i will just post the remaining ones here so that you'd see. :)

brontodocus

Oh yes, that would be fine! :) Thinking of it, if you have the whole series you could also open a thread for these in the animal toy lines section. :)

sauroid

i think im missing a total of twelve figures from the two series.
here's the rest of the Nayab/Lontic antarctic/sea world series that i have acquired recently:
great white shark

hammerhead shark (unspecified species)

emperor penguin

emperor penguin chicks

red octopus

istiophorus/sailfish

hoki

skua

albatross

adelie penguin

Jetoar

Nice figures. Albatros and Skua are very originals  ^-^.

Jetoar

Yesterday , My girlfriend received a IC bald eagle and WOW jaicint macaw of Safari. Bald eagele is amazing  ^-^.

AnimalToyForum

I received a nice little new year treat from my girlfriend: a Schleich giant tortoise (baby)  :D I'll post walk-around photos on the forum soon  8)

Edit - TA-DA!

more in the walk-around thread

sauroid

Quote from: Jetoar on December 27, 2012, 01:58:16 PM
Nice figures. Albatros and Skua are very originals  ^-^.
thanks.

DocAdmin, that's a cute baby tort.

sauroid

Varanus

Monterey Bay Aquarium Blue Shark.  Ignore the marauding Rhomaleosaurus. ::)

AnimalToyForum

You are asking me, of all people, to ignore Rhomaleosaurus ;D. I'm afraid that can't be done! :P
Great shark though, congrats!

brontodocus

Congrats, Varanus! :) Still my favourite Blue Shark figure, much better than Schleich's attempts.

Varanus

Jetoar

I received for christmas present a Schleich dolphin and humpback whale and two weeks ago I bought in a flea market a Schelich female african elephant, T-rex (1993) and a ringe tail lemur of AAA. I will share images of them ^-^.