Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Emerald Tree Boa 1997 (Safari ltd - Incredible Creatures)  (Read 5403 times)

Weaselfan93

• View Profile
Emerald Tree Boa 1997 (Safari ltd - Incredible Creatures)
« on: May 19, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »
Today this beautiful and extremely rare snake replica joined my displays. it was released in 1997 and retired many years ago. I acquired this boa on ebay and I was my first time ever seeing it available for sale. in my opinion this is the most gorgeous of all Safari ltd snakes. It is my second favorite Incredible Creatures figure after the awesome Tokay gecko. I apologize for only taking one picture but I have such limited space in my computer dropbox.  ;) here he is!  :)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:57:22 PM by Weaselfan93 »

stargatedalek

• View Profile
Re: Emerald Tree Boa 1997 (Safari ltd - Incredible Creatures)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
Is it just me or does it appear to be the same mold as the Amazon tree boa posed differently? Beautiful either way, a real gem.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 01:45:20 AM »
Is it just me or does it appear to be the same mold as the Amazon tree boa posed differently? Beautiful either way, a real gem.

if in a different position, cant be the same mold  ;D...maybe based on the other mold, but not the same one  ;D :P >:D

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:09:29 AM »
I worded that so well didn't I :P

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 05:23:50 PM »
Looks great, Weaselfan93! 8) It's a pity you have so limited space because especially these older, less known figures deserve much more attention (but if you have more space in the future you could re-edit your post, eventually, and add more pictures - they would be very welcome). I think I've only seen an old catalogue photo of it once. While both this one and the Amazon Tree Boa are representatives of the same genus and it would be possible to use the same animal for both species, your figure looks comparatively bulky - but the coiled up pose may be misleading. If you happen to have both figures, could you confirm it's cast from a different individual? If not - could you measure just the length of the head or the biggest circumference of the body and I can provide the same data for the Amazonian Tree Boa to give a comparison (total length is more difficult but for what it's worth, I measured my Amazonian Tree Boa at approx. 1.42 m)?

Weaselfan93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
Brontodocus, I added three more photos of the emerald boa. I hope they will please the members of this forum.  :) unfortunately, I do not have the Amazon tree boa to do a comparison but I think my snake is a bit stockier than that one. so most likely a separate cast specimen.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
Really wonderful replica, one of the best of this specie  :o.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »
Brontodocus, I added three more photos of the emerald boa. I hope they will please the members of this forum.  :) unfortunately, I do not have the Amazon tree boa to do a comparison but I think my snake is a bit stockier than that one. so most likely a separate cast specimen.
Thanks for uploading! :) So now that you posted a photo with your hand as a size reference I'm almost sure it's cast from a different and larger animal, the head looks almost twice as large (and much better detailed) as that of the Amazon Tree Boa! :o

dinocat62

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 04:34:17 AM »
Here they are together. Not the same. Heads are different:

[img[/URL][/img]

PeGe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »
Of course both are casts. Both Corallus species.

Wasabi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 03:09:16 PM »
Hi,

Im looking for an Emerald tree boa replica by safari. Can anoyone help me to find one in good condition please ?

Thank you very much

MarilyN D.