Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: American Bullfrog (Wild Safari - North American Wildlife)  (Read 3042 times)

Takama

• Long live Rexy Rue Rue
    • View Profile
American Bullfrog (Wild Safari - North American Wildlife)
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
Ever since I seen this Video

I grew an interest in the Screaming ability of Frogs. So much so that i am going to make the New Wild Safari figure Scream with my own voice.

FYI this is the same figure that comes with the Life cycle of a Frog set in the Safariology series.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:13:04 PM by Takama and Rex »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: American Bullfrog (Wild Safari - North American Wildlife)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:10:16 AM »
Really lovely replica  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:15:04 AM »
I have to say that I'm not overly happy with this new frog figure. :-\ Proportions and details are very generic and those stumpy toes and fingers would have looked much better if they were thinner. Safari Ltd has proven that they are capable of making a really good Bullfrog with their IC version so I wonder why this one could not have been made substantially better.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »
I have to say that I'm not overly happy with this new frog figure. :-\ Proportions and details are very generic and those stumpy toes and fingers would have looked much better if they were thinner. Safari Ltd has proven that they are capable of making a really good Bullfrog with their IC version so I wonder why this one could not have been made substantially better.

I agree; I also think it's kinda cheap to throw a life cycle figure into the NAW line. But, it does give someone the opportunity to just get the adult, if that's all they want...

Newt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »
I'm agin it. The shapes are all wrong, and the orange-peel texture is weird. And that color! I've seen bullfrogs in a lot of different hues, but not electric chartreuse.

I wish you luck with your project, Takama, but I think if you're going to put a lot of effort into it you'd be better off using a nice figure to start with.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal