News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wall of Birds

Started by postsaurischian, June 16, 2020, 08:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Check this out! Artist Jane Kim and her colleagues from Ink Dwell studio (inkdwell.com) have brought the Wall of Birds mural to life
on the largest wall in the Cornell Lab's Visitor Center (near Ithaca, NY) - painting each bird life-sized and in colorful detail.
The Wall of Birds represents the 243 currently recognized bird families. Each represented by one species.
All together there are 270 species painted on the mural. Some ancestors added.
The interactive was designed so that when viewing the mural at maximum zoom, the birds on the screen will also be life-sized.

:D I absolutely love this page!  https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/features/wallofbirds/

AnimalToyForum

This is excellent, thank for sharing it.

Is Russia really so depleted of unique bird species, I wondered.

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 16, 2020, 10:21:03 AM
This is excellent, thank for sharing it.

Is Russia really so depleted of unique bird species, I wondered.

Really nice.

There are a few spots that feel could be filled in more (north Africa, India, Russia, Antarctica, northern Canada). Unless they were just focusing on one species/family.

Gwangi

I used to live near Ithaca NY and have visited the Cornell lab many times. I've got a picture of myself standing next to the albatross painting but I would be hard pressed to find it. It's on the Dinosaur Toy Forum somewhere.