News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tenori Inko Collection

Started by stargatedalek, February 20, 2015, 02:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

The Tenori Inko collection is a series of bird (mainly parrot) themed toys. I picked up a lot of birds from it on YAJ and did some digging on the line, but I'm still very curious about them!

I have most of of the colour variants from this set:

and these are the only other sets I know of:

it seems there are also some mugs that go with them:

I'm absolutely in love with these little birds, and I figured even if there wasn't anyone with more information on them that at least someone else here would like to see/know of them. ;D

bmathison1972

WOW, very nice figures. When I was a generalist, I was always happy to see smaller birds/song birds made. And nice detail too. So, we are sure they only do birds?

stargatedalek

If they do other animals than they are not under Tenori Inko, but this is probably a line from a larger company presumably with other toy lines. The birds themselves are unmarked so no hints there. They are indeed beautiful,  expect some walkarounds soon.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 20, 2015, 03:08:23 AM
If they do other animals than they are not under Tenori Inko, but this is probably a line from a larger company presumably with other toy lines. The birds themselves are unmarked so no hints there. They are indeed beautiful,  expect some walkarounds soon.

they do have a 'Kitan Club' feel about them...

stargatedalek

This Kitan club set does seem rather similar, but that's not much to go on. I've seen some on eBay listed as TOMY, but I've seen fishing lure listed as TOMY so again thats really nothing to go on...

brontodocus

They are gorgeous! :) I believe "Inko" actually means "parrot" or something similar. Apparently, the manufacturer's name is "Shine". I agree with Blaine that they are very reminiscent of Kitan Club, mainly because these sets are arranged pretty much like Kitan Club's Mono series.