News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Yutyrannus, February 12, 2015, 03:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

whoah $100 for a set that includes the strap toothed whale? if i only knew they're going to cost that much id have bought all the sets in the store where i got mine three years ago  :o

brontodocus

I bought mine in 2012, too. It was a set of two figures (the other was a Wandering Albatross, Diomedea exulans) and it was quite cheap, US$ 8 or so without shipping. Those Nayab/Lontic figures should not be too expensive since they are inferior in quality (at least regarding the material they are made of) compared to the figures made by the major companies like Schleich, Safari Ltd, CollectA, Papo, or Bullyland. $100 for such a set would be outrageous. :o

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on September 24, 2015, 01:18:30 PM
I bought mine in 2012, too. It was a set of two figures (the other was a Wandering Albatross, Diomedea exulans) and it was quite cheap, US$ 8 or so without shipping. Those Nayab/Lontic figures should not be too expensive since they are inferior in quality (at least regarding the material they are made of) compared to the figures made by the major companies like Schleich, Safari Ltd, CollectA, Papo, or Bullyland. $100 for such a set would be outrageous. :o

A seller can ask whatever they like--it's all a matter of if someone will pay (and no one should).

I\m pretty sure that I saw this figure sold in a aset of 'arctic' animals at a local store last year, and I expect they will be there again.

Thylakeane

Don't want to go off-topic, but I made a Blainville's beaked whale myself along with other cetaceans. If anyone would like one, I'll try to make casts.

sauroid

Quote from: Thylakeane on September 30, 2015, 02:24:39 PM
Don't want to go off-topic, but I made a Blainville's beaked whale myself along with other cetaceans. If anyone would like one, I'll try to make casts.
would love to see pics of them.  :)

brontodocus

Quote from: sauroid on September 30, 2015, 02:42:09 PM
Quote from: Thylakeane on September 30, 2015, 02:24:39 PM
would love to see pics of them.  :)
Me too! :) Thylakeane, if you want to share images of your sculpts you can open a thread in the Animal art section. :)