News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection / Safari Ltd.

Started by brontodocus, December 06, 2012, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

indeed your second figure is more similar to my hammerhead shark. thanks for showing me these pics for comparison. now im assured that there's nothing wrong with my MBA shark and it is undamaged. i suppose the texturing adds to the realistic representation of the species by safari. thanks again Dr.Andre. :)

jean773

try www.handhwc.com in Texas.  They do ship internationally and shipping costs are by weight, not each item.  I buy lots of stuff from them and they are very nice and helpful.  They carry AAA, CollectA, Mojo, Schleich, Animals of Australia as well as Safari, but of course it all depends on what they have in stock.  For discontinued items, I guess it mostly comes down to eBay.  Its the Japanese models that I can never afford.  I've seen an Anomalocarus and a Flamboyant squid on eBay, but there is no way I can afford $50 US for each of them!
I first fell in love with Manta rays when I realized that one would completely fill my bedroom from corner to corner!

brontodocus

In Europe it's easy to get all the MBA figures that are still in production since Safari Ltd has quite a few distributors here. But getting the discontinued figures (the Sea Otters and the Sperm Whale Calf seem especially hard to find) would be much more difficult.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: jean773 on May 10, 2013, 08:43:43 PM
try www.handhwc.com in Texas.  They do ship internationally and shipping costs are by weight, not each item.  I buy lots of stuff from them and they are very nice and helpful.  They carry AAA, CollectA, Mojo, Schleich, Animals of Australia as well as Safari, but of course it all depends on what they have in stock.  For discontinued items, I guess it mostly comes down to eBay.  Its the Japanese models that I can never afford.  I've seen an Anomalocarus and a Flamboyant squid on eBay, but there is no way I can afford $50 US for each of them!
I first fell in love with Manta rays when I realized that one would completely fill my bedroom from corner to corner!
I just ordered from them, and I appreciate their great selection of items, especially the AAAs. But I have to honestly say that their payment process is very confusing and difficult. It's not automated like many sites.
It might be because of the fact that I'm a non American. Maybe it's easier for US buyers.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

handhwc

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 14, 2013, 02:19:59 AM
Quote from: jean773 on May 10, 2013, 08:43:43 PM
I just ordered from them, and I appreciate their great selection of items, especially the AAAs. But I have to honestly say that their payment process is very confusing and difficult. It's not automated like many sites.
It might be because of the fact that I'm a non American. Maybe it's easier for US buyers.

tyrantqueen, as jean773 mentioned, we physically pack and weigh these orders to prevent overcharging our International customers.  This is why it is not as automated as we would like for it to be.  We understand your initial frustration, and while it can mean a day or so in communication time to receive customer approval on exact shipping rates, we have found this to be a better overall system, especially considering the expense of International shipping and the diversity of the items we sell. We have tried the automated route in the past, and while it would certainly be easier on our end, it had a tendency to grossly overcharge the customer.  Actually packing the orders is the most fair method to our customers rather than relying on a calculator which may or may not be very accurate.  This also gives us the opportunity to pack orders efficiently on non-fragile items as well as provide extra packing material on items that may require support or extra wrapping to help them arrive safely.  I hope this information helps.

Jetoar

Some of my MBA figures  ^-^.

Sawfish.

Humpback Whale.

Sperm Whale.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DolphinsAreJerks

Great collection! Those otters look amazing, I can see why they'd be tough to find. Personally I'd like to get my hands on that orca calf, (for space and money reasons, I'm currently just focused on collecting toy orcas) but I'm having trouble finding it.

Jetoar

Quote from: DolphinsAreJerks on July 17, 2015, 04:15:48 AM
Great collection! Those otters look amazing, I can see why they'd be tough to find. Personally I'd like to get my hands on that orca calf, (for space and money reasons, I'm currently just focused on collecting toy orcas) but I'm having trouble finding it.

MBA figures are really old line and some ofthis figures as otter by example, are really difficult to find them  :-\. Adult Orca is easy to find it, but the baby is difficult  :-\.

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on July 17, 2015, 09:48:36 AM
Quote from: DolphinsAreJerks on July 17, 2015, 04:15:48 AM

MBA figures are really old line and some ofthis figures as otter by example, are really difficult to find them  :-\. Adult Orca is easy to find it, but the baby is difficult  :-\.

I think I have one of the 2 otters somewhere...I never had many MBA figures, they are just so large, and whales have never really been my thing...

stargatedalek

I really hope to get more of this line, since aside from the carnivorans all of these are right up my ally. I have so many of the adult orca and bottlenose, and at least two different colour variants of each. Those two are just so common, shame the others aren't.

Stuckasaurus

I'm so disappointed that they've discontinued the Sperm Whale. It's a pretty good figure! I'm kicking my 10-year-old self for not buying one when they were still in production. I always procrastinate too long when they pop up on eBay now and somebody snaps them up before me, lol.

brontodocus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 18, 2015, 09:23:50 PM
I'm so disappointed that they've discontinued the Sperm Whale. It's a pretty good figure! I'm kicking my 10-year-old self for not buying one when they were still in production. I always procrastinate too long when they pop up on eBay now and somebody snaps them up before me, lol.
So true, it was one of the best Sperm whale figures ever. Maybe we were lucky here in Europe to find retired ones because Schleich once was distributing the MBA collection in Europe (like they also did with Carnegie and Vanishing Wild) and so some may still be found here and there.

Jetoar

I undesrtand you, these figures are really rare in Spain and I have a some figures that I could find when I was a child.