This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Yellow-footed tortoise (Schleich-Wild Life).  (Read 2602 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Yellow-footed tortoise (Schleich-Wild Life).
« on: December 23, 2014, 01:48:05 AM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Yellow-footed tortoise (Chelonoidis denticulata) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich-Wild Life. Total lenght is 80 mm. This figure was relased in 1991 and it is retired nowaday. The yellow-footed tortoise is also called the yellow-foot or yellow-legged tortoise, the Brazilian giant tortoise, or South American forest tortoise, as well as local names such as morrocoy, woyamou or wayamo, or some variation of jabuta. Many of the local names are shared with the similar red-footed tortoise

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas even their cubs, calfs and juveniles. This replica is one of their old figures. This figure is a very nice replica. The proportions of this figure are nice from my point of view but the colors would be better. I think that. Details of hair are really good. The stand of this figure is nice. I bought this figure in a flea market two weeks ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Yellow-footed tortoise (Schleich-Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:39:08 AM »
While it's a nice tortoise figure for sure I don't think this is meant to be a Yellow-footed. It doesn't look like one and I think it was originally named "Riesenschildkröte" which would indicate one of those Galapagos species.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Yellow-footed tortoise (Schleich-Wild Life).
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »
While it's a nice tortoise figure for sure I don't think this is meant to be a Yellow-footed. It doesn't look like one and I think it was originally named "Riesenschildkröte" which would indicate one of those Galapagos species.

Thanks friend. I thought that it is this specie because it appeared in South America map inside schleich catalog  ^-^.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:48:29 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal